Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LJ Scott returning to loaded Spartans next year

O line was their biggest issue and it's going to be worse next season. Patterson is also no better than O'Korn was at Houston. Remarkably similar actually.
Michigan will be the off season champion again. Whether they contend in the big ten will depend on the weather they play in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Michigan will be the off season champion again. Whether they contend in the big ten will depend on the weather they play in

That team should start in the top 25, but they will be about 15th. It's a poorly coached team, that was plain to see today. Patterson won't help much even if is allowed to play. UM has a brutal schedule and 6-6 is staring them in the face if they don't improve a lot, they're a 7-5 team next year, 8-4 high side.

Last edited:
Why are people expecting Patterson to be some savior?? His numbers were mediocre in a conference that’s really down this year.

I’ll answer my own question “he was a 5 star recruit!!!!!” Your team is filled with 5 stars and you just got out classed by an awful South Carolina team. Michigan is not winning the big ten any time soon.

Last edited:
South Carolina fired their OC a month ago, a grad assistant took over and was calling plays today. Still better than Harbaugh's $13 million coaching staff.

Last edited:

and the number of crowned fields they play on.

On a key 3rd down yesterday, they had the wrong personnel on the field. Harbaugh realized it but didn't want to waste a timeout. So they handed the ball off to their TE on 3rd and 1 and he fumbled the hand off predictably.

Let me just say that my prediction of MSU, PSU, and OSU for the top 3 spots in the East is one I stand by and will continue to stand by as long as Harbaugh is at Michigan. The only way he's cracked the top 3 so far is when one of the big 3 programs had a down year.

Last edited:
Why are people expecting Patterson to be some savior?? His numbers were mediocre in a conference that?s really down this year.

I?ll answer my own question ?he was a 5 star recruit!!!!!? Your team is filled with 5 stars and you just got out classed by an awful South Carolina team. Michigan is not winning the big ten any time soon.

To be fair, not 5 months ago if I would have told you that we?d be in a game in November to decide the Big Ten East title you would have called me an idiot. Next season looks pretty bleak on paper for Michigan with that schedule but you just never know for sure, that?s why you play the game to quote Herm Edwards.

If by year 5 of Harbaugh (2019, us and OSU at home) they don?t have a division title and are about 2-8 against us and OSU, it?s pretty clear at that point the program can be declared permanently dead like Nebraska or Tennessee.

When asked about the handoff to the TE who wasn't supposed to be there, Peters:
“But I thought he’d know what to do,” Peters said. “When I snapped the ball, he seemed a little surprised that I was handing the ball off. I should’ve seen that and made sure that he knew what he was doing.”

"Hey man, when I saw Bozo the clown in the huddle, I thought, well that's odd, I don't remember a clown being on the team, but I thought, well, he's in the huddle, so he must know what to do. So I called his number. Boy was he surprised when I went to give him the ball with him being a clown and all. That was when I knew that, darnit, something is off here, clowns don't play football. Shucks."

Yeah, somehow Michigan doesn't seem like a threat in the East, I can't quite pit my finger on why.

Why are people expecting Patterson to be some savior?? His numbers were mediocre in a conference that?s really down this year.

I?ll answer my own question ?he was a 5 star recruit!!!!!? Your team is filled with 5 stars and you just got out classed by an awful South Carolina team. Michigan is not winning the big ten any time soon.

It's pure desperation, he has to the be savior, it's year 3 and they haven't developed any kind of decent qb play. the team had 9 td passes this year, in Rich Rod's first year they had 13 with Nick Sheridan and QB Force 1.

Patterson played for 3 high schools, committed to 3 different universities and now is transferring. He's coming from the shadiest program in the SEC and obviously went there because of those benefits.

The Harbaugh Michigan program is all about shortcuts to success, this is their latest. Regardless, I'd much rather have our QB in his 4th year in the system with a year of being the starter under his belt and actually winning big games.

Back