Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Former MI Rep and current Netherlands ambassador caught lying

turok

Pete Hoekstra claims "fake news" to a reporter, when asked about his previous public statements regarding Islamic terrorism in the Netherlands, then after being confronted with video evidence that he had, denies what he said just seconds earlier...lolz.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/12...en-wrong-then-denies-he-called-it-fake-video/

Maybe Republicans can get away with saying that to the Fairness Doctrine-less M$M here in Murka, but in many foreign countries, they fact-check. Maybe he would have been better off with the old tried and true "doctored" video stunt, or perhaps by claiming that he was being quoted "out of context".

Last edited:
I saw another thread on this, and there were a bunch of comments like "when the Dutch immigrated to Western Michigan, they weren't sending their best and brightest"

more like their worst and dimmest. amiright?!?

they're now a curse on Michigan state politics. The DeVos's and Van Andel's basically using the Amway scam money to fund a huge, artificial right-wing slant on a blue state

I saw another thread on this, and there were a bunch of comments like "when the Dutch immigrated to Western Michigan, they weren't sending their best and brightest"

more like their worst and dimmest. amiright?!?

they're now a curse on Michigan state politics. The DeVos's and Van Andel's basically using the Amway scam money to fund a huge, artificial right-wing slant on a blue state

I strongly suspect that the DeVos were involved up to their aristocratic snouts in the social media profiling and data mining activity during the last selection, including the use of their Spectrum Health subscribers' personal data for targeting with fake links and ads via email and tweets to websites created to smear HRC by Russian cosshackers.

Hoekstra refused to answer a question about his statement that Dutch politicians have been set ablaze by Islamic extremists, on Wednesday when his ambassadorship to the Netherlands began:

Reporters asked again for Hoekstra to clarify: “Are politicians being burned in the Netherlands? Is that something you believe?”

“I’m not revisiting the issue,” Hoekstra replied. He refused to say anything further, and the room exploded in protest. “Why don’t you answer the question?” one journalist called out.

This is the Netherlands, you have to answer questions,” another said.

Republicans are now exporting their neo-arrogance overseas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9SNJpq2W0

LOL

Last edited:
Hoekstra refused to answer a question about his statement that Dutch politicians have been set ablaze by Islamic extremists, on Wednesday when his ambassadorship to the Netherlands began:

Reporters asked again for Hoekstra to clarify: ?Are politicians being burned in the Netherlands? Is that something you believe??

?I?m not revisiting the issue,? Hoekstra replied. He refused to say anything further, and the room exploded in protest. ?Why don?t you answer the question?? one journalist called out.

?This is the Netherlands, you have to answer questions,? another said.

Republicans are now exporting their neo-arrogance overseas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9SNJpq2W0

LOL

someone should have asked "I understand you won't address the stupid things you said in the past, but will you continue to say stupid things like that in the future?"

someone should have asked "I understand you won't address the stupid things you said in the past, but will you continue to say stupid things like that in the future?"

I kinda doubt that a reporter could trust Hoekstra, no matter how (or if) he would answer. That bridge has been burned. Apparently Pete does not speak their native tongue either.

Last edited:
Back