Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

good offer list including LSU and TCU, we'll be really selective with the remaining spots

Georgia also offered.

Selective is an understatement. Brian Cole tweeted this about trying to visit MSU. "They don't want me, they shut the door." Some strange things about this kids recruitment, it seems he has a lot of people around him representing him.

Georgia also offered.

Selective is an understatement. Brian Cole tweeted this about trying to visit MSU. "They don't want me, they shut the door." Some strange things about this kids recruitment, it seems he has a lot of people around him representing him.
He had his chance, we offered and he slow played it, which happens but that spot isn't there anymore. We also wanted him at safety but michigan wanted him at wr.

He had his chance, we offered and he slow played it, which happens but that spot isn't there anymore. We also wanted him at safety but michigan wanted him at wr.

That makes me happy, so many kids wait until 1 hour left. Train left sorry homie.....

Ok 247 says he committed to Michigan in july but shows he visited Purdue and Nebraska just 6 days ago...

Must have opened it back up...

Last edited:
Mike Weber might be a silent commit, he tried to commit, but wants to take all 5 visits so his commitment may be silent.

Last edited:
Brian Lewerke is back up to 4 star in the latest rankings as well

Raekwon williams may cancel his Arizona visit because they're in the title game, it sounds like it's down to Arizona, MSU, and Iowa. I think MSU is the leader based on his quotes and two recent visits

Mike Weber to Ohio State. Would have looked good in Green but I'm not alone in thinking we got the beat RB in the nation in LJ Scott.

A Josh Butler up to a 4 star and on Rivals 250 now.

Mike Weber to Ohio State. Would have looked good in Green but I'm not alone in thinking we got the beat RB in the nation in LJ Scott.

A Josh Butler up to a 4 star and on Rivals 250 now.

would have been nice to have him but we have Scott and Willis in this class. I hate to see him at OSU though

Making a move on 4/5 star LB Rick DeBerry, had a couple in home visits with him in the last week and Felton Davis III and him going back and forth on twitter about playing together. Kid is a stud, Oklahoma and Ohio State are our biggest competition, but it looks like we might be his leader now, announcing Friday the 19th.

Last edited:
4 star DT from Illinois, Raequan Williams committed to MSU.

Edit: LOL, the stupid writers spilled the beans for Williams who wanted to make his big announcement tomorrow, but he's already committed to MSU and might have been a silent commit a couple weeks ago. They have since retracted the story and are now saying he's a strong MSU lean, but is announcing tomorrow.

Top 150 player on Rivals if you're into that type of stuff.

Last edited:
Chris Clark officially decommitted from UM and will visit MSU among other schools.

i'm getting that feeling as well, he's supposed to visit wisconsin next weekend but could cancel

I think he already did cancel, this is his last visit and he brought both of his parents with him. We beat Oklahoma for him, guy is a very good athlete, fast enough to play safety, but big enough to play LB, will be the perfect fit to play the STAR LB position here.

Last edited:
Wow, Anthony McKee tried to commit, but the staff told him no, he waited way too long. 4 star GA LB Quarte Sapp is visiting next week and we like him much better than McKee. McKee seems pretty pissed off about it. That's 2 big time recruits we've said no to.

Also, Felton Davis III got a huge bump in the rankings on 247, now a top 250 player as a mid 4 star.

Last edited:
Brian Lewerke made a big jump on Rivals to #239 in their Rivals 250 that just came out and a mid 4 star. Does that make him instantly a better QB? Nope, but it's good to see some of our recruits get the recognition. And CB Josh Butler moved up in the Rivals 250 to 241. DT Raquan Williams was #159 and LJ Scott came in at #52. Scott is underrated IMO, he's one of the top 2 RBs and could be a special player at MSU.

Liking this class so far, need a DE to complete it, but we have some great players all over the field coming in.

Last edited:
Wow, Anthony McKee tried to commit, but the staff told him no, he waited way too long. 4 star GA LB Quarte Sapp is visiting next week and we like him much better than McKee. McKee seems pretty pissed off about it. That's 2 big time recruits we've said no to.

Also, Felton Davis III got a huge bump in the rankings on 247, now a top 250 player as a mid 4 star.

are you sure about that? i thought that he didn't commit so we're not holding the spot and going after other players. It seems like this kid just can't make a decision, kind of like John Kelly

Welcome Cole Chewins. He accepted a Gray Shirt offer, 6-7, 250 LB former TE who will play tackle in college. Kid has some potential an was committed to Miami of Ohio and was receiving interest from several Power 5 schools recently. Staff sees good athleticism and the right frame to add a lot of weight quickly.

Also landed a preferred walkon, Bryce Wilkins, 6-5, 285 lb OG from Belding.

Last edited:
Back