Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oregon game

My yard isn't crowned but it definitely slopes away from the driveway. Now I know why my 4yr old is having trouble making the catch on the out patterns.

NO, you lack arm strength and accuracy.

Did I? I know that I said that I will be glad to see this "rivalry" end. ND-MSU should go on, though.

was referring to this from the Denard thread...

I'm not even an obsessed Michigan fan. Maybe that's a prerequisite to being obsessed about a rival?

RE: Question ... depends what's in the bag. And Notre Dame sucks. I'll not miss watching Michigan play them.

comment from MD in the Detroit news today

Dantonio and the Spartans will head out west for the matchup on Thursday after practicing early in the day, and the coach added they will be taking steps to avoid any ill effects of the three-hour time change.

He also indicated guard Travis Jackson and receiver Macgarrett Kings will be ready to play on Saturday. Jackson left Friday?s game against Jacksonville State with what appeared to be a back injury while Kings hurt his ankle.

But both were back on the depth chart, though Dantonio wouldn?t elaborate on their status.

?Right now, I anticipate them practicing and playing,? he said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140902/SPORTS0202/309020083#ixzz3CBHsMYA1

How much you got on State to win outright?

I think we're going to lose this weekend, I've posted that a few times. I want us to win but what I want and what I think is going to happen isn't always the same thing.

Keep making assumptions though

I think we're going to lose this weekend, I've posted that a few times. I want us to win but what I want and what I think is going to happen isn't always the same thing.

Keep making assumptions though

After all this, you can't believe in your boys? Too bad. Makes we wonder when you will. I think MSU wins.

After all this, you can't believe in your boys? Too bad. Makes we wonder when you will. I think MSU wins.

my thoughts about my team are rooted in realism, we're 11 point dogs on the road against the #3 team in the country. I think we have a very good team this year and really should roll through the big ten again but this is about as tough of an assignment there is in the country.

I believe they can win, but I don't think they will. I think if they play this game 10 times MSU wins 3. if the game was in EL i'd be predicting something different.

my thoughts about my team are rooted in realism, we're 11 point dogs on the road against the #3 team in the country. I think we have a very good team this year and really should roll through the big ten again but this is about as tough of an assignment there is in the country.

The spread is where the money is falling. The #3 ranking ? based on what? Games played to date? MSU is largely intact. Why not expect a win?

The spread is where the money is falling. The #3 ranking ? based on what? Games played to date? MSU is largely intact. Why not expect a win?

Of course early season is all speculation but I do pay attention to what vegas says. Yes spreads are made to keep the money even but they are generally a good indicator of who will win the game, I don't know the #s off hand but I'd say that 10 point road dogs don't win most of their games.

I'm confident that MSU will win their next 11 games after this one rather easily.

what's your point?

CFB betting is not based on a parimutuel system - the spread is where the oddsmakers set it in order to attract an equal value of wagers on both sides. It may move if the money falls to heavily to one side but for the most part they're based on models and "expert" opinion. That said, I think MSU is worth a shot at +350 or better - experts be damned!

CFB betting is not based on a parimutuel system - the spread is where the oddsmakers set it in order to attract an equal value of wagers on both sides. It may move if the money falls to heavily to one side but for the most part they're based on models and "expert" opinion. That said, I think MSU is worth a shot at +350 or better - experts be damned!

That's why I said the "spread is where the money is falling."

That looks like a baseball line. +350 … what's that mean?

it's the moneyline - you will see a spread and a moneyline for just about every game. A year or two ago, it was rare to see MLs on games where the spread was >10 - they existed but the house didn't like the a-symmetric risk and couldn't effectively hedge them so they just didn't offer them. But it's pretty common now for everything except the really crazy spreads to have a ML - don't know if they're willing to take more risk or if they've figured out a way to hedge them.

Last edited:
That's why I said the "spread is where the money is falling."

I read that to mean the money flow was determining the spread/moneyline, like in parimutuel betting like horse racing where you don't really know your true payout until betting closes. Apologies if I misunderstood your point

Last edited:
I read that to mean the money flow was determining the spread/moneyline, like in parimutuel betting like horse racing where you don't really know your true payout until betting closes. Apologies if I misunderstood your point

Nah ? is was not that clear except to me.

Wow. It's that lopsided? Not sure why I did not get that, when it's clear to me for baseball.

it's a pretty consistent/linear relationship between MLs and spreads so +350 is really no more lopsided than +12 or whatever the line currently is.

Last edited:
Back