Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Notre Dame Score Prediction Thread

TheVictors

Congratulations to wheels02 for having the closest Score Prediction for the App State game with Michigan 52–ASU 10. Hitting the MICHIGAN score on the nose is exceptional and otherwise wheels02 was closest overall. Honorary mentions to easye688 and tomdalton22 for their predictions.

So that demon has been exorcized …on to South Bend.

What to say about Notre Dame?! Goodness gracious …. Unconscionable acts by any standard, let alone according to the ones at this special University, have almost completely escaped the NCAA’s thunder and a nation of fans were duped into falling for Manti Te’O’s fake girlfriend’s battle with fake cancer while a very real Notre Dame junior named Declan Sullivan fell tragically to his death, taping practice for coach Kelly.

But hell, even Rich Rod could beat Notre Dame and last year’s game in Ann Arbor played Under the Lights was decidedly lopsided and with the exception of one bone-headed interception, the offense clicked and defense dominated ….

Who the hell saw Akron coming?!

Were it not for a train ride in 1887 through the northern Indiana countryside, Notre Dame may not even be playing football. Who knows? Currently five “golden Domers” – three of them starters and all solid contributors – won’t be playing football, and have been suspended in the most recent scandal under head coach Brian Kelly. And Kelly’s list of scandals is quite a list. A series of scandals that when compared to any other “elite football program,” are beyond the pale, but easily hushed and forgotten in the echoes of a fake girlfriend dying of fake cancer for a team on its way to a fake BCS Championship appearance.

manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-570x213.png

But hey, “they” say Golson is back!!

And in saying he’s back, they don’t mean “he’s back from academic suspension from the last academic scandal under Kelly,” they’re saying that he’s “BACK!” and that Michigan and every other team had better recognize that Golson is a “dynamic athlete capable of completing the deep pass or getting crazy with his feet by tucking the ball and running on any play!”

So watch out …Notre Dame has proven it can survive the distractions of scandal and the ensuing suspensions and lost players…. That despite having to bear the burden of both another scandal as well as the burden of simply being Notre Dame, the team is coming back to South Bend and ready to overcome all the odds of playing at home and playing as the favorite against unranked Michigan. No matter the public comments made recently and to the contrary by Brian Kelly, you know they’re a little (south) bent over the Chicken Dance prank at Michigan Stadium last year and somewhat also embarrassed because they know the song made famous at wedding receptions across the land, bears a sentiment of truth to the matter when it comes to the rivalry with Michigan and the explanation for why it’s ending prematurely.

Purple-Kelly.jpg

The Irish enter Saturday night’s wannabe “Under the Lights” as a consensus favorite at ND -5 (sports books vary from -4 to -6) and coming off a solid defeat over long-time traditional rival …Rice. While neither Rice nor the University of Michigan appear on any upcoming Notre Dame football schedules, the conclusion of the most recent run between regional and long-time rivals Michigan and Notre Dame does add an additional subtext of drama to Saturday night’s game and you know if the Irish manage a win, the epic tales of domination and heroic deeds will resound throughout the kingdom and all of the land!

Michigan is 24-16-1 all-time against the program we taught to play the game and a solid 6-2 over the past eight years. If karma is to play any role, you expect the Luck of the Irish will make an appearance at some point and for there to be some turnovers and other unexpected factors in the game’s outcome. It’s just like that when these two programs play one another.

Well it happens Saturday night for the final time for the foreseeable future. So post some supportive analysis if you wish, but leave the Woofing and Barking for other threads.

#KARMA

246459349_84a0e787db.jpg

~Vic

Last edited:
23-17 ND. Before I get slammed this is just a prediction. It's what I think the score will be. Will I be upset if ND wins? Absolutely, as I think Michigan can definitely play with them and defeat the Irish.

I do think Golson will give us problems. I hope our front 7 looks as well prepared against ND as they did against App State, but the jump in talent level will be noticeable. Something crazy always seems to happen in South Bend too with the latest example being Denard Robinson's unbelievable 5 or 6 turnovers in our last trip down there. Both teams I'm sure want to end this series on a winning note, so it will be a fun battle. I hope to be proven wrong on the prediction, but Hoke has had trouble winning on the road and in big games thus far.

Go Blue!!

49-24 Michigan runs away with it, embarrassing the chicken shit Irish who quickly decide to never take our calls, again. Gholston gets suspended the following week amid another academic scandal and transfers to South Central Arkansas Tech and is never heard from again. Old tomato face's head explodes in the locker room at halftime, which causes the school and state to declare september 6th, 2014 to be "Black Saturday". Meanwhile, the concessions have free refills of ketchup. Bittersweet.

28-24 Michigan. The final meeting is one for the ages. Golson gives the D fits, but Michigan prevails in the end. Michigan is ranked at #22 the following Monday and the Irish drop to 25.

23-17 ND. Before I get slammed this is just a prediction. It's what I think the score will be. Will I be upset if ND wins? Absolutely, as I think Michigan can definitely play with them and defeat the Irish.

I do think Golson will give us problems. I hope our front 7 looks as well prepared against ND as they did against App State, but the jump in talent level will be noticeable. Something crazy always seems to happen in South Bend too with the latest example being Denard Robinson's unbelievable 5 or 6 turnovers in our last trip down there. Both teams I'm sure want to end this series on a winning note, so it will be a fun battle. I hope to be proven wrong on the prediction, but Hoke has had trouble winning on the road and in big games thus far.

Go Blue!!

I agree with this in general

But to be different And with hope. 28-24 Michigan. :)

Last edited:
Hoke's first big road win comes in East Lansing

ND 27
UM 24

I got 31-27 Michigan. ND's secondary is terrible, Funchess is going to have a field day.

I'm really down about the series ending....as I think many in my age range are. However the rivalry is viewed nationally, or how non impacting it is on the NC picture, is inconsequential to me.
I grew up with this rivalry, and think I can rememember where I watched almost every year they played since Harry Oliver in 80.

I was floored by how they ended it, and I want revenge. And I want to win this "last" one until they eventually meet up again
This game is winnable, as long as they don't fall behind early.

UM 27
nd. 20. 1 OT

Defense comes up with 3 turnovers, all the attention on Funchess frees up the other receivers, Peppers gives us good field position on returns.

Um losing the TO battle 0-2 and missing a FG causes the score to be much closer than it actually was. Green and Smith combine for more than 150 while funches grabs 2 TDs.

UM - 34
ND - 17

ND gets trounced in this one as the UM defense shows the world they are a force. I love thus D, such a great swagger and complete confidence that they can shutdown any offense. ND looks at the Appy State game and arrogantly thi ks they can beat the CBs who end up with 5 INTs. ND doesn't find the end zone until garbage time.

UM - 48
ND - 13

Go Blue!!!

It will 100% come down to the kind of game golson has. A game against rice cant really knock all the rust off coming off that suspension. We have to hope that turns into mistakes and turnovers.

I have no idea what NDs defense looks like now that shembo, tuitt and nix3 are gone.....id have to imagine its hard to recover from losing 3 guys like that up the middle but I know they've had some great recruiting classes on the D so we will see.

Close game 34-31 ND in OT.

Back