Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

9 Seed

LuciousGameWinner

Playing Miami in the first round, and a date with Kansas if we win. Luckily Izzo absolutely owns Bill Self. But the way this team has played I wouldn't put it passed them to lose to Miami. Have to admit I haven't watched any of their games.

I know nothing about Miami at all. I think larranaga is 2-0 against izzo. I'll pick us to win that one but this team does not have it against Kansas.

A little surprised we got a 9. Also got a little nervous when I saw Wisconsin show up as an 8 so early. Not a bad matchup at all in Round 1. Miami has a couple of nice results in ACC play beating UNC and Duke at home, but also got beat by some people out of conference. Certainly can't ask for anything more in a first round matchup.

If we can win that, then well you'd think our freshman might be a little jacked up to take on Josh Jackson given that they were almost teammates.

Looking at Miami, they don't have a big man that logs many minutes or stats and they don't score many points. Lots of close games in the low 60s.

Not surprised at all. I knew we were in even before the BTT. Our only shot at making any sort of run is to finally go all in with Ward. It needs to be 30/10 with the minutes between Ward/Goins. Not the usuall 18/18/4 with VanDyk getting the other 4 that we've seen most of the year. I get that Izzo loves these walk on types, but enough is enough.

Miami opens as 1.5 point favorites. It's a good matchup for us though IMO, Miami plays a defensive game a lot like UVA, but their offense is pretty bad. If we can run just a little we should win.

Miami opens as 1.5 point favorites. It's a good matchup for us though IMO, Miami plays a defensive game a lot like UVA, but their offense is pretty bad. If we can run just a little we should win.

Not sure how a team that has problems turning it over matched up against a great defensive team can ever be seen as a good matchup.

It looks like their big that logs the most minutes is 6-8, but they can bring 6-10 and 6-11 off the bench. Their starting 4 is 6-7 but seems like he's more of a perimeter guy. They only average 69 ppg and don't shoot a very high percentage from the field overall or on 3-pointers.

I think we'll get off to a good start in the game, then Miami will make a run to come back, and then whether we win or not will be based on how well we play down the stretch. This group's track record in that area, other than in their home wins, hasn't been the greatest.

Back