Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is Bill O'Reilly in serious trouble ?

I think Tucker Carlson lives in Denver because I've seen him at the airport a few times and have seen him on TV with a Denver picture behind him. Wonder if he'll move for the new gig?

Went from "funny anecdote" to "Fuck him and all his fans." pretty quickly. Maybe I found something you are passionate about. I need to start a thread "Billy O'Reilly behaving great" - I am sure I could find some deranged quotes from people touting his charity or niceness. ;*)

so what happened was I started thinking about O'Reilly being forcibly "retired" with his mult-million dollar payout, after living a comfortable, privileged life as a TV personality, and all the people who died in Iraq, in the war he helped sell, and I was bothered by the injustice of it all.

so what happened was I started thinking about O'Reilly being forcibly "retired" with his mult-million dollar payout, after living a comfortable, privileged life as a TV personality, and all the people who died in Iraq, in the war he helped sell, and I was bothered by the injustice of it all.

Funny, I remember all major news outlets selling that war. Reminds me of George Carlin talking about the media regarding the previous invasion of Iraq.

Funny, I remember all major news outlets selling that war. Reminds me of George Carlin talking about the media regarding the previous invasion of Iraq.

I wasn't singling him out. I agree with you and it is true, the major media outlets, aka "the mainstream media" almost always unanimously line up to promote war whenever they can. that's our "liberal media." In the run-up to Iraq War 2003, MSNBC (!!!) fired Phil Donahue because his show featured a debate with as many anti-war voices as pro-war voices. he tried to maintain balance - on what is considered the "liberal Fox News" and even they fired him.

I saw a comment that going back to 1900, the only war the NY Times editorial board didn't agree with was Reagan's invasion of Grenada. it's extreme.

But O'Reilly is a part of that, and we were talking about him, so...

I wasn't singling him out. I agree with you and it is true, the major media outlets, aka "the mainstream media" almost always unanimously line up to promote war whenever they can. that's our "liberal media." In the run-up to Iraq War 2003, MSNBC (!!!) fired Phil Donahue because his show featured a debate with as many anti-war voices as pro-war voices. he tried to maintain balance - on what is considered the "liberal Fox News" and even they fired him.

I saw a comment that going back to 1900, the only war the NY Times editorial board didn't agree with was Reagan's invasion of Grenada. it's extreme.

But O'Reilly is a part of that, and we were talking about him, so...

search

Last edited:
Back