Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 57 Tigers vs. Angels June 6, 2017

If Alex thought it was outside then gd it was outside he doesn't chase often..

I don't like watching the post game stuff when they lose

Last edited:

I'm like that with losses in all sports. It's just salt in the wound at that point.

NOTABLE:
Tigers starter Daniel Norris threw 110 pitches, second most in his career, but finished his outing by retiring the final five batters he faced.
Norris walked three -- all in the third inning -- but none of the baserunners scored. He struck out seven, one short of his season high.
Seven of his 11 swings and misses came on the fastball, which he threw 61 times.

Of the two home runs allowed by Norris, one was hit lightly and the other was a no-doubter.
In the first inning, Kole Calhoun flicked a fly ball down the left field line that landed just over the fence. In the third, C.J. Cron blasted a two-strike slider 428 feet for a two-run homer.

Arcenio Leon and Francisco Rodriguez pitched scoreless eighth and ninth innings for the Tigers.

Leon hasn't allowed a run in 4 1/3 innings of work since making his Major League debut on May 28.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/angels-...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490968
Boxscore.

The Tigers fell to 6-21 when they score four runs or less.

ROARS
Alex Avila - Hit a 398? home run to left field in the sixth inning, his ninth bomb of the season, further distancing himself from his 2016 total.
He also led the eighth inning with a single. Avila has had an absolutely tremendous season so far and continues to look like the smartest acquisition the Tigers made this offseason.

Francisco Rodriguez - came in for the ninth in a two-run game and had a nice clean inning.

HISSES
Alex Presley - the young outfielder was a bit of a hot mess in center field. He missed a long line drive in the fourth inning, then bobbled and dropped a single from Calhoun that ended up scoring a run.

The Comerica outfield walls, which led to near-miss home runs for both Ian Kinsler (well, sort of close) and Victor Martinez. Sure, let?s blame the walls.

STREAKS & INFO
After Sunday?s game against the White Sox, J.D. Martinez became the first player in Tigers? history to hit 10 home runs within his first 22 games of the season.
Only three other players this season have managed the feat: Eric Thames, Aaron Judge, and Ryan Zimmerman. Pretty good company.

The results should, perhaps, not be surprising. Going into tonight?s game the Tigers? record against the Angels at Comerica was 31-38.

I don't blame him for not swinging at that pitch. It looked like it was going to stay outside and I still don't think it was a strike.

it was a perfect pitch. Took some balls to throw it with Miggy on deck. On second thought....maybe he was more worried about AA than Miggy

Buck Farmer will be recalled from Triple-A Toledo and start on Wednesday night, taking Matthew Boyd's spot in the Detroit Tigers' starting rotation.

The Tigers optioned left-handed reliever Blaine Hardy to Triple-A Toledo after the game to make room for Farmer.

Get back in the weight room miggy

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/235023274/miguel-cabrera-mirroring-albert-pujols-finish/
Miggy mirroring Pujols' dignified finish.
Future Hall of Famers trying to produce as pains mount.
Tigers official site

Miggy won't deny the physical frustration he's felt during the 2017 season.
He missed nine games while on the disabled list with a strained groin.
He was out for three more last month with an oblique injury.
He's dealt with lower back pain for much of the season.

On advice from the Tigers' athletic training staff, Cabrera adopted a diet and exercise regimen aimed at losing weight. He is trying to ease the burden on his back and right ankle, which was surgically repaired after the 2014 season.
"I've lost 20 pounds this season," he said. "You can't do that in-season.
You feel weak. But I need to do it. I need it for my back, if I want to feel healthy. I want there to be less pressure on my ankle."

For now, he's encouraged. But he sees the same numbers as everyone else: He's hit two home runs since the start of May -- and five all season.
"Look at my year," he said flatly. "I've been poor. [I've had] injuries,
but I feel better now. I feel good today. Hopefully, I can do this consistently."

Back