Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Help with Mobile

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Got this question sent to me by a regular poster. Wondering if Admin or anyone else could help?

Hi Monster,

I'm having some issues with the site. I continually get knocked off line and have to re-log in. I know it's not hard to log in, but I access the boards from my phone 99.9% of the time and it just keeps happening. I've had to log in 3 times in the last 10 minutes... I' not sure if this has anything to do with it but I tried the tapatalk app about a month ago. it didn't work very well so I deleted it. Since then it's been logging me out at a frustrating pace. Every time it suggests the app... I'm not sure if there's anything you can do or suggest I do to make that stop? I do enjoy this community! Tons of great posters here! Thanks in advance!

First (obvious) question: Is "Keep me logged in?" checked when logging in?

Second question: Are cookies enabled for your mobile browser/this site?

Those are the main things that would jump out at me for login issue. If those are good, then I'm not sure what else it would be.

Thanks Monster and grandy! I'm the one having the issue. I know... First world problems ;-). I always check the remember me box. I never had this issue until I tried the app. I've had to log in 6 times since 9AM this morning... That's getting old. I'm not sure how to do the things you recommend to my phone. It's an iPhone 5..

I just looked through my settings and deleted cookies and cleared history. Hopefully that helps. I'll check back in later. Thanks.

Shut down and Re-started my phone... And yes... Another log in... That's like 8 already today...

Haven't found much help looking through VBulletin technical support threads.

The only temporary workaround I can think of is to try another browser. I know Dolphin and Chrome are available on iphones.

Thanks again. I'm having more issues with this phone like Not receiving calls... I wonder if it's an issue with the phone itself. I might bring it in for a diagnostic check. It hasn't knocked me off since around noon so that's great. Thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted.

BTW, looks like the tapatalk api has expired... don't know if that will matter at some point in the future or not, but it's worth looking at.

ygejy7y3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still getting knocked of by that damn app tapatalk! Really frustrating to have to log in every time... It happens 2-3 times a day...

I'm still getting knocked of by that damn app tapatalk! Really frustrating to have to log in every time... It happens 2-3 times a day...

Does it happen anywhere else? I have problems opening video's here but don't elsewhere..

Only this forum. It's really driving me crazy now. It prompts me to use that app every time I open a thread, or go back to the main menu... Basically I have to turn that damn app down every time I click anything. It's made me not want to post here anymore. Just don't want to see that app prompt ever again...

This app is making this forum unuseable for me... I fucking hate it, it's making me crazy. Someone please help me figure out what to do... That God damn app is in my iCloud. Maybe that's the problem. How the hell do I make it stop?

Last edited:
This app is making this forum unuseable for me... I fucking hate it, it's making me crazy. Someone please help me figure out what to do... That God damn app is in my iCloud. Maybe that's the problem. How the hell do I make it stop?

I wish I could help but I don't use that app. Have you tried to reinstall it or remove the app and then reinstall? How long has it been going on?

I wish I could help but I don't use that app. Have you tried to reinstall it or remove the app and then reinstall? How long has it been going on?

Thanks man. This has been going on for at least a year. I tried that app but it was shit, so I deleted it. I've been messing with my phone for the last hour, and I think I may have removed it from my iCloud. As of this moment, I'm not being prompted to use the app at every click. We'll see if I keep getting knocked off line.

had the same problem for a few weeks but i think the latest revision fixed it

Back