Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fallout 4 Let's Play

I've logged 19 hours of game play since Tuesday. There's a tiny thread below this for FO4 as well. Have fun!

I have only had time to do about an hour so far :/ I wasted about 2 hours on opening day trying to figure out my microphone on the PS4. I plan on doing a mini-marathon Saturday.

I've never been a Fallout person but with limited numbers of third person games I played Fallout 3 (last year), and hated it. Is Fallout 4 any better?

If you didn't like Fallout 3, you wont like Fallout 4. Basically the same type of game with updated graphics and probably a slightly bigger scope.

I have only had time to do about an hour so far :/ I wasted about 2 hours on opening day trying to figure out my microphone on the PS4. I plan on doing a mini-marathon Saturday.

Not to start a PC vs console thing, I own both..but I don't know how anyone can play a game like FO4 on console. With so much environmental interaction, a mouse/keyboard just seems so much more efficient.

Two reasons: Have a family member that also wants to play and want to play on the big screen. PS4 is better option for both.

Two reasons: Have a family member that also wants to play and want to play on the big screen. PS4 is better option for both.

Good points. My kids are 3 and 4 months. I haven't had to share yet.

I bought a new gaming PC about a month ago and has a pretty solid graphics card, but just had to do the ps4 on this one. I bought SOMA a couple weeks ago and will probably be playing that in-between.

I built a maxed out gaming PC about 5.5 years ago. FO4 is the first game that I've had to play on 'low-medium settings'. It's about time to build a new one it seems.

I bought this from steam a few days ago, spent almost 6 hours downloading it, and it wont run fullscreen on my pc because my monitor is 4:3 not 16:9 so I got a refund.

Found a nice 22" 1080 monitor from a factory reseller on ebay for a decent price, so when that arrives I'll re-purchase FO4 and see how it is.

I'm probably also only medium settings, i5-3550, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660ti 2GB, win 8.1

I bought this from steam a few days ago, spent almost 6 hours downloading it, and it wont run fullscreen on my pc because my monitor is 4:3 not 16:9 so I got a refund.

Found a nice 22" 1080 monitor from a factory reseller on ebay for a decent price, so when that arrives I'll re-purchase FO4 and see how it is.

I'm probably also only medium settings, i5-3550, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660ti 2GB, win 8.1

Medium at least. My computer is worse and I'm on a custom setting with low to medium.

Where your PC really gets tested is deep in the downtown areas, can get really choppy if you're tuned too high.

Last edited:
So far so good. Got about 5 hours time in so far.

Only real complaint is that it's not set up well for mouse/keyboard. Lots of games are actually better with mouse and keyboard because of more input options, but so far I have found FO4 to be clumsy with it's combinations especially with the ones sometimes involving the 'enter' key half the time to confirm something and the other half it's the 'tab' key.

It will just take time to adjust I guess.

Only real complaint is that it's not set up well for mouse/keyboard. Lots of games are actually better with mouse and keyboard because of more input options, but so far I have found FO4 to be clumsy with it's combinations especially with the ones sometimes involving the 'enter' key half the time to confirm something and the other half it's the 'tab' key.

Many games have turned into that. Ready to use with an XBox controller. Tried to play Assassin Creed: Syndicate with mouse/keyboard. It was just too freakin' hard.

You can use 'E' in place of enter. I figured that out a few weeks in and it was a lot better.

Started playing the latest (and final) DLC for FO4 titled 'Nuka World'.

It's huuuuuge. And feels really fresh. The Nuka World radio guy is pretty funny. I'm only a few hours into it but it has a lot of new stuff, already a couple new gun type.

Just noticed the OP is listed as banned?

I also thought that was weird. I looked through that last thread he was a part of and didn't see anything ban worthy. Dunno.

He's still active on that Youtube channel if you wanted to find out.

Last edited:
Nah, he just didn't seem like the type that would get banned, unless it was for advertising or something else that's not allowed.

Also, to your original post...I had to give up on Fallout 4 much the way I did Skyrim. The concept of both those games is really cool, but the whole yo-yo system of quests just tires me out after a while....

....By the way, another settlement needs your help. Be sure to offer help to any who need it it's the best way to blah, blah, blah...

Back