Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We're Trashing the Artic. Literally

Out of all the bible stories, the "Blessed Virgin Mary" may be the most ridiculous. Can you imagine your fiance or GF (whatever she was at the time) told you that she got pregnant but it wasn't yours because you never had sex? Then she tells you that she never had sex either...god did it. I think it is safe to say that every single person would just assume that your GF / fiance got knocked up by some other dude. Joseph was one gullible carpenter!

Out of all the bible stories, the "Blessed Virgin Mary" may be the most ridiculous. Can you imagine your fiance or GF (whatever she was at the time) told you that she got pregnant but it wasn't yours because you never had sex? Then she tells you that she never had sex either...god did it. I think it is safe to say that every single person would just assume that your GF / fiance got knocked up by some other dude. Joseph was one gullible carpenter!

To the human perspective, it can appear as such. But not to the Divine. Joseph is the archetype father; with the faith and virtue to accept the singular responsibility of the step-father of Jesus Christ. Tough to top that.

Of course he does, including us. But can you categorically state that He is not offended by our aggregate behavior? I think so, and so does The Blessed Virgin Mary (so I'll believe her) but His infinite mercy and patience is our safeguard, but we are not then, ever, to presume that for our selves.

Aggregate is the key word there. Can someone categorically state the sum of our actions is ugly rather than beautiful or vice versa? Probably not. But I believe we are very biased towards observing and recalling the negative in the near past and in our observations of others.

I don't know what you are talking about regarding Mary saying otherwise, but I'd be suspicious of people speaking on her behalf. There is a great deal of joy and love in the world. I think there is more than there ever has been in history.

It's like the Louis C.K. bit, everything is amazing and nobody is happy. It's just perception.

Aggregate is the key word there. Can someone categorically state the sum of our actions is ugly rather than beautiful or vice versa? Probably not. But I believe we are very biased towards observing and recalling the negative in the near past and in our observations of others.

I don't know what you are talking about regarding Mary saying otherwise, but I'd be suspicious of people speaking on her behalf. There is a great deal of joy and love in the world. I think there is more than there ever has been in history.

It's like the Louis C.K. bit, everything is amazing and nobody is happy. It's just perception.

Mary speaks for herself, through others.

Back