Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions pick up Ebron's fifth year option

That's a good point. Weather he's capable or not of being a Red zone target or not. Apparently he's not one of the top choices to get that ball.

Big reason why Quinn went and drafted 2 RZ studs in the 3rd and 4th rds.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/04/eric-ebron-i-was-pretty-destroyed-last-season/
Eric Ebron: I was pretty destroyed last season!

While Ebron has steadily posted more catches and yards each year, he?s also dropped passes and dealt with injuries that have kept him from getting in a full season. Knee and ankle injuries cost him three games last year and said that he was banged up even when he was in the lineup.

?Life,? Ebron said, via MLife.com. ?My whole life was bothering me, or at least that?s what it felt like every time I tried to get out the bed. I was pretty beat up, man, from the things you might know of, to the things you don?t. I was pretty destroyed.?

Not sure what that last part means but he doesn't like like a guy worth 8.5.

That's football. Welcome to being an adult with the whole work-life balance thing. Except, you get paid millions upon millions of dollars to play a game. You could retire now and live out the majority of your life in total comfort.

Every time he talks, it's excuses and why he's going to be the best. Time to shut up and do it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/04/eric-ebron-i-was-pretty-destroyed-last-season/
Eric Ebron: I was pretty destroyed last season!

While Ebron has steadily posted more catches and yards each year, he’s also dropped passes and dealt with injuries that have kept him from getting in a full season. Knee and ankle injuries cost him three games last year and said that he was banged up even when he was in the lineup.

“Life,” Ebron said, via MLife.com. “My whole life was bothering me, or at least that’s what it felt like every time I tried to get out the bed. I was pretty beat up, man, from the things you might know of, to the things you don’t. I was pretty destroyed.”

Not sure what that last part means but he doesn't like like a guy worth 8.5.

Cap hit will be 3.8 million this year. 3.3 million last year. Very much worth that. We'll see by 2018 if worth 8.5 million.

Ebron is 24th highest TE cap hit this year. Which he was 8th in TE yards. He is underrated.

Last edited:
Underrated and Eric Ebron are two phrases that should not go together.

Yes, because deciding if someone is overrated or underrated should be based on their ranked cap hit vs yards relative to others in their position.

Ebron's not a TE. He's a WR that occasionally pretends to block.

Yes, because deciding if someone is overrated or underrated should be based on their ranked cap hit vs yards relative to others in their position.

Paid like a cheap tight end though. Even more underrated then.

Paid like a cheap tight end though. Even more underrated then.

Thats all fine and dandy if he was actually a TE. But hes not. Cant block worth a lick....help 0 in the run game. Hes a big WR. And his number suck ass when compared to most other 3rd option WRs in the league. Especially WRs picked in the top 10 of the draft.

Last edited:
Thats all fine and dandy if he was actually a TE. But hes not. Cant block worth a lick....help 0 in the run game. Hes a big WR. And his number suck ass when compared to most other 3rd option WRs in the league. Especially WRs picked in the top 10 of the draft.

I don't care if you like Ebron or not......if you consider him a TE or a WR......there is NO denying he has massively underperformed as the #10 pick in the draft.

He still has the talent to break out and have a 65 catch, 850 yard, 8 TD year.....but it looks more unlikely year after year after year.....

The issue I have with Ebron is even though he is progressing year after year he is having an issue staying healthy. Also we are not getting the benefit of him having big production years at a small cap hit under his rookie deal.

Ebron 57th in yards.
3.8 million cap hit

43 wrs have a higher cap hit. 23 tes have a higher cap hit

So 66 players at either position cost more against cap. But he is 57th so he exceeds what he should be based on cap. He should be 66th. Also he missed 3 games so he would be even higher than 57th if he was fully healthh

Also 64 wrs would be number 1 and 2 wr total combined. 96 if you count number 1 ans 2 wr and tes. So no he does not perform worse than number 3 wrs if he is 57th..simple math

Hughes loses again

Last edited:
Ebron 57th in yards.
3.8 million cap hit

43 wrs have a higher cap hit. 23 tes have a higher cap hit

So 66 players at either position cost more against cap. But he is 57th so he exceeds what he should be based on cap. He should be 66th. Also he missed 3 games so he would be even higher than 57th if he was fully healthh

Also 64 wrs would be number 1 and 2 wr total combined. 96 if you count number 1 ans 2 wr and tes. So no he does not perform worse than number 3 wrs if he is 57th..simple math

Hughes loses again

Ok now let's compare fairly without your idiot math. Go look at those #3 wrs that are out performing him... And see where they were drafted. Then compare top 10 wrs and see where their starts are. He's no where Close to being the top 10 MUN they thought they were drafting.

Ok now let's compare fairly without your idiot math. Go look at those #3 wrs that are out performing him... And see where they were drafted. Then compare top 10 wrs and see where their starts are. He's no where Close to being the top 10 MUN they thought they were drafting.

Number 3 WRs are WRs 65-96. Ebron was 57th in yards for all WRs and tes.

Ebron plays like a middle tier number 2 wr even missing 3 games. And being 4th on lions in targets

Only 6 teams have 3 players more than 711 yards. 5 of those 6 players had 95 or more targets.12 teams only have one player over 711 so that means ebron is better than some teams number 2 on 12 teams. 2 of those teams don't even have a number one wr with 711 yards.

Number 3 WRs dont out-produce him. 5 of the 6 that did have way more targets. Aka ebron was hurt. A lot of number 2s don't out produce him either

Basically you are talking out of your butt hughes

Tate, jones, Riddick are studs and eat targets. Boldin had a nice year and deserved many targets to have. Good problem to have.

Last edited:

Had this argument with you before, retard. Ebron is a TE. He was a TE in college. He was drafted to be a TE in the pros and he plays TE for the Lions. Just because you're too fucking stupid to comprehend this, doesn't make it so....

He's not a fucking WR!!! When did you jump on the short bus with dubb?! Jesus Christ lol

Had this argument with you before, retard. Ebron is a TE. He was a TE in college. He was drafted to be a TE in the pros and he plays TE for the Lions. Just because you're too fucking stupid to comprehend this, doesn't make it so....

Fine. He's a te. He's the worst top 10 drafted te of all time.

Back