Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford is our QB, but is he worth the Money??

Considering other options, his age, and current trajectory...it's a no brainer.

No, but he's worth retaining. What elite-NFL player is "worth" their salary. (Not rhetorical)

One constant theme in the NFL. Starting QB will eventually make a ton of money.. Cap keeps going up, salary will too.

He is worth 26 per. Cap is 168 now and will rise. Lions have a ton of cap space for 2018 even with Stafford and Ansah about to be on big deals (still will be plenty of room).

He is worth 26 per. Cap is 168 now and will rise...

Along with ticket prices, and merchandise and food etc. Why is no one else concerned about this.. Cap going up is good for players, and players only. Fans get screwed in the end..

Along with ticket prices, and merchandise and food etc. Why is no one else concerned about this.. Cap going up is good for players, and players only. Fans get screwed in the end..

Running a team costs money. Rise in cap means they need to pay more to the players so they need to add more revenues somewhere. The tv money is shared evenly. Also they are upgrading Ford Field so that costs money too. Ticket prices and food prices should be raised. Ticket prices were well below average, now they are about average.

Running a team costs money. Rise in cap means they need to pay more to the players so they need to add more revenues somewhere. The tv money is shared evenly. Also they are upgrading Ford Field so that costs money too. Ticket prices and food prices should be raised. Ticket prices were well below average, now they are about average.

Good the team is average. So the prices and the team are now comparable.

Good the team is average. So the prices and the team are now comparable.

The team made the playoffs which is above average. Improved greatly so should be a top 5 team.

Honestly, don't care about this improvement stuff. I'm 31, I haven't seen a hint of success from this franchise. Enough talk, just do it.

What fan, outside you, wants higher prices? That's asinine. The main reason I don't go to games anymore, prices. NFL, MLB - way too high for me. I don't want to get a bank loan so I can eat a hotdog.

I hope they upgrade Ford. Pretty, pretty overrated IMO. Doesn't have any soul.

Tickets are still super cheap. Make it 400 per ticket

The team made the playoffs which is above average. Improved greatly so should be a top 5 team.

giphy.gif

Two games +.500. -12 point differential. 2-3 in their last five games. Multiple Super Bowl titles is the only acceptable outcome at this stage of their "progress."

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Two games +.500. -12 point differential. 2-3 in their last five games. Multiple Super Bowl titles is the only acceptable outcome at this stage of their "progress."

Playoffs despite injuries to 3 of top 4 defensive players, top 2 RBs and Stafford (most important part of the season).

Lions 10 win floor. 11-12 wins most probable

Playoffs despite injuries to 3 of top 4 defensive players, top 2 RBs and Stafford (most important part of the season).

Lions 10 win floor. 11-12 wins most probable

ONE additional win with all that decimation? I figured more like an undefeated season with the improvements. Next, year as well. The sky's the limit.

Honestly, don't care about this improvement stuff. I'm 31, I haven't seen a hint of success from this franchise. Enough talk, just do it.

I'm 60. Same here.

Last edited:
Back