Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

3 MSU football players to be charged

I'll take your word for it and remind you that castration was a common punishment for slaves. I'm sure you'll plead "but it's not the same thing." Why do you assume that only gay inmates commit sodomy?

My concern is their immortal souls and castration and sodomy do nothing to purify them. Neither does wishing these evil acts on them do anything for you.

Well I don't believe in an immortal soul, so I have no concern there.

Also, I never said only gay inmates commit prison rape. I said I would not do that because I'm not gay. Also, not a prison inmate.

I couldn't care less that castration was a common punishment for slaves because it's completely irrelevant to this situation. We are talking about rapists, not slaves. Should we compare space travel to Captain Crunch while we're at it? It would make as much sense.

Last edited:
Well I don't believe in an immortal soul, so I have no concern there.

Also, I never said only gay inmates commit prison rape. I said I would not do that because I'm not gay. Also, not a prison inmate.

I couldn't care less that castration was a common punishment for slaves because it's completely irrelevant to this situation. We are talking about rapists, not slaves. Should we compare space travel to Captain Crunch while we're at it? It would make as much sense.

I think that your entire solution is irrelevant to the situation.

I think that your entire solution is irrelevant to the situation.

Good for you. Maybe you can go to the courthouse and hug these three guys and tell them they just made a mistake and everything will be ok once they are out of prison.

Good for you. Maybe you can go to the courthouse and hug these three guys and tell them they just made a mistake and everything will be ok once they are out of prison.

That's a strawman, but it's a better gesture than the one you are so boldly promoting.

isn't there some bible verse that says an eye for an eye?

Old Testament; Mosaic Law; superseded long ago. And even if that is the case, it's not via vigilante or empty promises of "recompense."

That's a strawman, but it's a better gesture than the one you are so boldly promoting.

No, it's not. This girl is going to suffer for a very, very long time. These three assholes deserve no respect or sympathy.

Old Testament; Mosaic Law; superseded long ago. And even if that is the case, it's not via vigilante or empty promises of "recompense."

Superseded because an infallible, omnipotent god changed his mind or was the Old Testament just plain wrong?

No, it's not. This girl is going to suffer for a very, very long time. These three assholes deserve no respect or sympathy.

Another straw man; bigger than the first one. No one is claiming this. And your recommendation will not mitigate her suffering. So I wonder why you consider it of value or benefit.

huh.

I didn't expect this thread to end up in a theological discussion.

Another straw man; bigger than the first one. No one is claiming this. And your recommendation will not mitigate her suffering. So I wonder why you consider it of value or benefit.
Did you ever consider that it might mitigate her suffering or some of her family's suffering? You act as if that's impossible.

Some people in her life may get even the smallest amount of relief because they view that as justice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Did you ever consider that it might mitigate her suffering or some of her family's suffering? You act as if that's impossible.

It is impossible. And I would hope that the victim's family believes that. And, besides, there is the Constitution (8th amendment) that proscribes this brand of retribution. So this entire discussion is moot.

Some people in her life may get even the smallest amount of relief because they view that as justice.

It's revenge; not justice.

It is impossible. And I would hope that the victim's family believes that. And, besides, there is the Constitution (8th amendment) that proscribes this brand of retribution. So this entire discussion is moot.

It's revenge; not justice.

Of course you're right. I'm wrong. Thank you so much for leading me down the path of truth o righteous shepherd.

Lousy situation. If they are found guilty fry them.
Now now bigjon. That's not very nice of you. You have to understand that these guys need our support for this "mistake" they made. Join byco's flock and rectify the error in your ways.

What is most disturbing to me about this recent incident and those at other schools is that they involve crimes against other individuals. There is a large difference in my mind between a DUI and sexual assault. A big difference. Where in the world do these guys get the idea that this kind of behavior is in any way acceptable? Is it some sort of a "group thinking" kind of thing? I think there should be some tolerance of DUI, but there can be no tolerance, none, for sexual assault.

What is most disturbing to me about this recent incident and those at other schools is that they involve crimes against other individuals. There is a large difference in my mind between a DUI and sexual assault. A big difference. Where in the world do these guys get the idea that this kind of behavior is in any way acceptable? Is it some sort of a "group thinking" kind of thing? I think there should be some tolerance of DUI, but there can be no tolerance, none, for sexual assault.

It is extremely disgusting. I don't understand the mental makeup of a person who is able to commit such a terrible act. Heinous, horrible people.

I know I have made some extreme comments on this thread, but that's because I believe anyone who can assault a woman like this deserves the worst. It's probably because I have a younger sister who is my best friend.

Last edited:

Not trying to say DUI is as bad as sexual assault, but you're putting other people's lives at risk if you drive a vehicle drunk. It most certainly can and does affect other individuals.

Not trying to say DUI is as bad as sexual assault, but you're putting other people's lives at risk if you drive a vehicle drunk. It most certainly can and does affect other individuals.

what? in my mind it's not even close. raping someone >>>>> drinking and driving.

there is some large percentage of the population who are worse than rapists is what you're saying. few places in America have reliable mass transit or taxi service... many if not most people drinking and driving home Friday/Saturday nights are over the limit.

Back