Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bob Stoops Retiring

that's surprising. I find it hard to believe he would retire with a team that appears capable of making the playoff this year.

Just looking over his resume..

2 or fewer losses and finished ranked in the top 6 in both AP and Coaches poll in over half of his seasons (10 out of 18)

Only three seasons with over 3 losses, including his first (and worst) year at 7-5.

Obviously he's had a great run of sustained success, but when you look at it as a whole...damn. Of course I'm sure there are some OU fans out there who are happy now that they'll be able to win all of their big games.

Just looking over his resume..

2 or fewer losses and finished ranked in the top 6 in both AP and Coaches poll in over half of his seasons (10 out of 18)

Only three seasons with over 3 losses, including his first (and worst) year at 7-5.

Obviously he's had a great run of sustained success, but when you look at it as a whole...damn. Of course I'm sure there are some OU fans out there who are happy now that they'll be able to win all of their big games.

This whole situation sounds vaguely familiar. When you have that kind of futility for that long, there's only one man for the job. There's only one man who can get in there and "open things up." Only one man who can bring in a more "innovative" offense, clean out all the "old fashioned ideas" and really "take It to another level."

You know who I'm talking about.

This whole situation sounds vaguely familiar. When you have that kind of futility for that long, there's only one man for the job. There's only one man who can get in there and "open things up." Only one man who can bring in a more "innovative" offense, clean out all the "old fashioned ideas" and really "take It to another level."

You know who I'm talking about.

frank-stallone.jpg

Back