Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Idiot loses his appeal against UM's campus gun ban

Michchamp

here's some non-MSU, Michigan-related news we can all read and argue about. I didn't know this suit was even going on. link.

So the plaintiff challenging UM's campus gun ban lost in court and then lost 2-1 in his appeal. I wonder if he's going to appeal it all the way to the MI Supreme Court? doesn't seem like he'd have the money to afford that (see next sentence), although maybe some gun nut group is funding this lawsuit.

Oh, and of course he's not actually a student or an alum. he's a 20-something "former janitor for the Ann Arbor school district."

his attorney should have provided this advice instead of taking his case: "you live in a safe city. put down the gun, go get a job, and stop wasting everyone's goddamn time and money. JACKASS."

pAHvAads0pZ3qbPRFiUtuEQwzTrSVvZYth5VTGs258XCdVK9hEBuQncL9sgE3ZXYJZJvgAiHrggF8g-xXDCm8PELtRe4KBf9_0zOIzmbFQIJvZTvB5XWH6hw48uG1kWAKvFiwA27iMud9tsMWA0zH7zf1CKsMuGkW--VhGUfGfChqZpOWySl8lSDwnI3_bj_FtK8pvUufwLvpxCFrzKEYr27zuoK__LRqCE3Wjjm1nuA4fsYGcTe_APBFHpECkRZ9Dmp8AZna9pSNFaEOjZc-SCsodgRSJWyYW2i7Az6sq70BhwDNT5qmCEEGH8HmfwiDzoWizilKyVAWcvaPiRZN_W9W2wv6Lid4O-sZDRGYjfnkkC-9YIBnw25ugXjIROz4bdATj-NbWcRfCB9PsU0qG1lOhjqvEXZr7tCxSSJeghqfC1xD2NuO_S72vLRiVrJ2EiP4MaS2ct4au20LXMHTIHa7HOWP008FjlVkSSHjtmghCQ3F4oK7BZdfRUqGzHKwtaFpwnfPbgwFzGR06mdQCTxhSnrvWP2Oou1Sg1b-QejVyR0RemYK-0WXHdqn-FlJ2gKCcL8WJ8dQvv6GppDnQhaEAsYdhZJvcx9lH6CHp8XbwM5KA=w1288-h744-no

his attorney should have provided this advice instead of taking his case: "you live in a safe city. put down the gun, go get a job, and stop wasting everyone's goddamn time and money. JACKASS."

we all know an attorney isn't going to do that...he has a nutjob client that is paying him...maybe all the way to the supreme court. Billable hours, baby!

we all know an attorney isn't going to do that...he has a nutjob client that is paying him...maybe all the way to the supreme court. Billable hours, baby!

true, but since his client is an unemployed janitor, unless someone else is funding this, he isn't getting paid.

maybe he figured the publicity alone from taking this case would make it worth his time, but since he's now gotten his ass handed to him twice, in the district court and appellate court, probably not a good decision.

There are folks who are purposely challenging gun bans in the schools And other public places unser the concealed carry act
doing it to just fight Any restriction

There are folks who are purposely challenging gun bans in the schools And other public places unser the concealed carry act
doing it to just fight Any restriction

Can't have all those people coming to steal your land!

No way that this amendment needs any type of updating.

People should be able to drive tanks through campuses. How could anything go wrong?

Last edited:
Can't have all those people coming to steal your land!

No way that this amendment needs any type of updating.

People should be able to drive tanks through campuses. How could anything go wrong?

if the government has nuclear weapons, we all should too. how else can we fight tyranny?

I have no idea. Wanna go 50/50 on a nuke? I think it's the only responsible option to protect members of this board.

No, I want my own nuke. sharing is communism.

say... I'm beginnging to wonder if you really are on our side, pinko.

Back