Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 60 Tigers vs. Red Sox June 9, 2017

So we can ignore the other 1/2 of the games? Let's just do away with the away schedule altogether. Because the home games are the only ones that count.

I am counting both home and away...you seem to be focused on just the away games. Maybe we should just play on the road since that is the only thing you like to focus on??

I am counting both home and away...you seem to be focused on just the away games. Maybe we should just play on the road since that is the only thing you like to focus on??

But you shouldn't just look at (count) home games and road games together.. There's more to it than that.

Last edited:

AL teams above .500 at home to date: 13 of 15 (11-4 in 2016)
AL teams above .500 on the road to date: 4 of 15. (7-8 in 2016)

Twins are an outlier with a 20-9 road record and a 12-19 home record.

but why discount the home games when 1/2 of your games are at home?

Who's discounting them? Remember the discussion started with "hitting has been a problem at times" or similar followed by hitting has not been our problem. Usually followed by we're top 3 or 4 on offense.. I'm jut saying count it all, but don't bunch it all together..

It's like saying McCann hasn't been too bad (just an example, he sucks :hehe:) because he has an OPS just under .700 but vs RHP where he has more at bats his OPS is .564.

Who's discounting them? Remember the discussion started with "hitting has been a problem at times" or similar followed by hitting has not been our problem. Usually followed by we're top 3 or 4 on offense.. I'm jut saying count it all, but don't bunch it all together..

It's like saying McCann hasn't been too bad (just an example, he sucks :hehe:) because he has an OPS just under .700 but vs RHP where he has more at bats his OPS is .564.

I think it started when I said this

"it seems the offense is mostly holding up their end. The pitching (and defense) is what is hurting the Tigers the most."

I don't really see the inaccuracy of that statement.

I think it started when I said this

"it seems the offense is mostly holding up their end. The pitching (and defense) is what is hurting the Tigers the most."

I don't really see the inaccuracy of that statement.

At home they are.. It just gets overlooked because the pitching is bad home and away, day and night, weekdays or weekends..

Back