Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 70 Tigers vs. Mariners June 20, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. J.D. Martinez, RF
5. Justin Upton, LF
6. John Hicks, DH
7. Mikie Mahtook, CF
8. James McCann, C
9. Jose Iglesias, SS
Jordan Zimmermann RHP
Bench: C Alex Avila, IF/OF Andrew Romine, OF Alex Presley, IF Dixon Machado.

mariners lineup:
gamel lf
haniger rf
cano 2b
steroid cheater dh
seager 3b
valencia 1b
dyson cf
zunino c
motter ss
miranda lhp

John Hicks will make his first start since being recalled to replace Victor Martinez at designated hitter.
Mikie Mahook will also start with left-hander Ariel Miranda on the mound for the Mariners.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...lider-working-vs-miranda-ms/?topicId=26688836
Zimmermann aims to keep slider working vs. Miranda, M's.
Tigers official site

Zimmermann has 22 swing-and-misses on sliders through the first two months of the season. He has 17 over his last three starts, his highest total in a month since last June. Opponents are batting .115 against his slider in June, according to data from Statcast and Brooks Baseball.
Correspondingly, Zimmermann allowed only three barreled balls on 59 balls in play against him in June, a 5.1 percent rate that's half of the 10.2 percent barrels-per-batted-ball rate he allowed from April through May. That early stretch included 11 hits against the Mariners April 25 at Comerica Park.

The Tigers entered Monday with 694 "hard-hit" balls (with a 95-plus mph exit velocity) this season, tops in the American League and second in the Majors to the Nationals. However, their .512 batting average on hard-hit balls ranked third-lowest in the Majors.

The Mariners outfield entered this series leading the Majors in Defensive Runs Saved with 29, well ahead of the second-place Red Sox at 24. Seattle outfielders had a minus-27 DRS last year.
The M's have used 29 pitchers this season, most in the Majors.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/6...ttle-mariners-jordan-zimmermann-ariel-miranda
Tigers vs. Mariners Preview: Jordan Zimmermann onstage as the Must-Win 2017 tour continues.
Zimmermann is quietly putting together a fine month of June.
BYBTB

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370620112
Tigers, Mariners starters will try to keep hits in ballpark.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/SEA201706200.shtml
Seattle Mariners vs. Detroit Tigers, at Safeco Field, June 20, 2017 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

All-TimeDETROIT leads 214-187.

I feel this is going to be a win tonight.. So a future "Yay" in case I'm asleep when it's over.

The tigers are currently the third worst team in the AL a win tonight only delays the inevitable. I'd like to see them keep Avila and deal McCann the team needs more bats that make pitchers throw strikes more consistently game over game, at any given point half the team is over aggressive and it flip flops back and forth which half, Avila is the only one you can count on to consistently not expand the zone. This team will be completely different next year and the transformation starts in July.

Last edited:
The tigers are currently the third worst team in the AL a win tonight only delays the inevitable. I'd like to see them keep Avila and deal McCann the team needs more bats that make pitchers throw strikes more consistently game over game, at any given point half the team is over aggressive and it flip flops back and forth which half, Avila is the only one you can count on to consistently not expand the zone. This team will be completely different next year and the transformation starts in July.

No one will trade for McCann.. No one.

I'm going with John Hicks for the pick the stick tonight.

Last edited:
Lead off HR from kinsler
4 pitch walk to nick
Miggy ropes a smoker right to the 3rd baseman nick gets his ass doubled up at first trying to get back in time
JD flys out

So check this out only the tigers offense can have an inning with a HR and a walk and yet only see 10 total pitches in that inning. Lol...on any given night half the team swings at everything basically

Last edited:
I could see a few teams being interested, he grew up an Angels fans, I could see them offering something

Why would the Angles who are going nowhere trade for nothing of a backup C? He's hitting .183.

Why would the Angles who are going nowhere trade for nothing of a backup C? He's hitting .183.

I'm just exploring possible landing spots for everyone and would like to believe teams would be interested in a decent defensive catcher with a good arm

I'm just exploring possible landing spots for everyone and would like to believe teams would be interested in a decent defensive catcher with a good arm

No one trades for that. Maybe as a throw in but no one trades for a decent catcher with a good arm.. Not one that hit's .183.

Throw him then.

Gotta have someone to throw him in with.. This will be like the off-season when Avila opened his big mouth and said he was going to trade everyone.. Now 6 months later most of our players, hitting and pitching have less trade value.

Gotta have someone to throw him in with.. This will be like the off-season when Avila opened his big mouth and said he was going to trade everyone.. Now 6 months later most of our players, hitting and pitching have less trade value.

True, Al the other Avila should be fired imo for multiple reasons, that being one of them

So much for Zimmerman continuing his "hot streak " lol ....I figured Tigers would win big considering i have Miranda on my fantasy team this week

Three innings of offense 4 hits two walks 2 home runs yet only two runs and thier losing by one, nice hustle from upton trying to beat that out though, if only everyone could play with that kinda hustle and sense of urgency every night for weeks at a time instead of once in awhile here and there

Yawn time for bed, another loss coming up

Last edited:
Back