Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Minnesota

Missed ft's and layups are going to kill this team someday. Might've already happened with the 2 Purdue games. Watching missed ft's is probably the worst part of a college basketball game. That and any long reviews, but we didn't have any of that today.

That deal with Duncan at the end was a complete travesty, though. MN was trying to foul him, refs ignored several obvious fouls, and then called traveling? That was terrible

I know this makes no sense, but these are the types of wins that impress me more than blowouts. For as total shit as M played, they got away with it.

They definitely learn more with a scrappy win, than with a blow-out. I get what you're saying.

I don't want to take too much credit, but when we were down 10 in the 2nd I put on a hat. Huge factor in the comeback

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Give me the co-co-mvp, because I said at the bar, "Great Michigan is getting their ass kicked!" then they immediately tightened it up

They definitely learn more with a scrappy win, than with a blow-out. I get what you're saying.

Yep. And I hope John B has them shooting FTs until Tuesday, nothing else. I'm not too concerned with the offensive flow.

Missed ft's and layups are going to kill this team someday. Might've already happened with the 2 Purdue games. Watching missed ft's is probably the worst part of a college basketball game. That and any long reviews, but we didn't have any of that today.

That deal with Duncan at the end was a complete travesty, though. MN was trying to foul him, refs ignored several obvious fouls, and then called traveling? That was terrible

I just watched that reply again and that ref should be suspended. Duncan was hit like 5 to 10 times before he traveled, and to could hear the Gopher bench or someone yell foul. Something is fishy with that ref. I do not know how to do a gif, when every time Duncan got hit we could insert a cartoon caption like the old batman TV show . Splat, bam , boom. Or something like that he was hit so many times .

What a bad non call.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, Bob. They were trying to foul him to put him on the line and the ref wouldn't call it. Unreal!

I mean he was hit almost 10 times.

I'm not trying to defend the refs, as it was a terrible call. However in situations like that they are trying to allow the defensive team a chance to get a turnover as well. Especially when they have a player trapped along the sideline like that. So I can "sort of" understand why they allowed play to continue for a little bit.

Still a shitty call regardless. I never see traveling called before a foul like that.

Matthews definitely has a problem. He can't hit the bucket from 2 ft and can't hit a free throw to save his life. I lost count of how many lay-ups/shots from 2 feet that he missed.

Matthews definitely has a problem. He can't hit the bucket from 2 ft and can't hit a free throw to save his life. I lost count of how many lay-ups/shots from 2 feet that he missed.

It's over 75 in the season now . Has to be .

Back