Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Winter Olympics

according to a few reports I've read, they've got a bad case of norovirus going around. link.

everybody puking and crapping themselves.

and they haven't even got the final bill for hosting them yet...

Wow.

Maybe I'm kinda being swept up in the Pollyanna-ish emotional/beautiful/hopefull/majestical moment...but...doesn't Kim Jung Un's sister look totally fuckable?

I mean, she would have to let her hair down...

Wow.

Maybe I'm kinda being swept up in the Pollyanna-ish emotional/beautiful/hopefull/majestical moment...but...doesn't Kim Jung Un's sister look totally fuckable?

I mean, she would have to let her hair down...

She might be worst than her brother.. Black widow, screw and a kill.

Why any country would want to host the olympics is beyond me

It is prestige thing.

China hosting next winter Olympics because they are showing the world they are a global power.

In Canada the big thing about hosting winter Olympics was "its gonna boost tourism" which HELL NO it didn't.

BRIC[K] (Brasil/Russia/India/China/[Korea]) countries were projected to have massive economic booms in the first half of the 21st century. Hence hosting the most important international sporting events is a big step in demonstrating their growth/importance/prominance.

Brasil tried with Olympics and World Cup (When I was in Brasil, most people considered it a massive waste of money. Brasil have so many problems which could have been addressed)
Russia with Olimpics and World Cup
China with multiple Olympics (2022 is next Beijing Olympics in 14 years)
India not quite there yet.

Korea not officially included, but we generally included them in our Poli Sci courses.

Basically its a measuring contest who has the most money to blow.

speaking of Olympians ...I will be riding with this Gold Medal Shred Betty next Thursday!!

thumbs_567.jpg

Gretchen Bleiler. Though that doesn't actually answer your question. Out with it Vic.

As much as I would love to affirm that ...alas, it is not the case. But ...she is a "keynote speaker" for an event my firm is doing in Beaver Creek and she is scheduled to stay at the same hotel and I am certain we will all be having dinner together. I'm actually looking forward to watching this dickbag coworker of mine who thinks he's Phil McConkey try and hit on her. I actually know some of her friends/women riders from back in my Vail days, where Gretchen is from.

But first ...vamos a la playa!

Back