Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

I like tater. He's a favorite and only just turned 27. I think we need to ride it out.. maybe more youth comes up next year and sign a FA or two (as long as they're not 35 - and another draft. You trade younger for older we just get older. It's not like we'll get a superstar for him.

Nashville tends to have high quality D.

If Detroit could steal a Fabbro I wouldn't mind.

I like Tatar (plus my Slav bias), but he's already peaked offensively. $5+ mil is a lot to pay a guy getting under 50 points a year. He's actually scoring at a lower rate than Weiss in his final season.

Think its time we acknowledge that Nyquist/Tatar didn't develop into the replacements for Datsyuk/Zetterberg which they showed the promise of when first coming into the league.

If Detroit can get a D or high D prospect for Tatar or Nyquist I wouldn't mind it. The current D corps if pretty bad.

Nashville tends to have high quality D.

If Detroit could steal a Fabbro I wouldn't mind.

I like Tatar (plus my Slav bias), but he's already peaked offensively. $5+ mil is a lot to pay a guy getting under 50 points a year. He's actually scoring at a lower rate than Weiss in his final season.

Think its time we acknowledge that Nyquist/Tatar didn't develop into the replacements for Datsyuk/Zetterberg which they showed the promise of when first coming into the league.

If Detroit can get a D or high D prospect for Tatar or Nyquist I wouldn't mind it. The current D corps if pretty bad.

It still amazes me a .220 hitter with no power in MLB gets more than that. I'm all for getting younger but Tater for Fabbro isn't a deal I see them taking.

I don't see Holland taking many logical deals. But a deal for a top defensive prospect over a capped out middle 6 forward would be a win going forward.

Problem is Poille has a habit of fleecing other GMs.

Last edited:
I don't see Holland taking many logical deals. But a deal for a top defensive prospect over a capped out middle 6 forward would be a win going forward.

Problem is Poille has a habit of fleecing other GMs.

No doubt but why would the Predators take it.

Forwards are their weak point and they are in a win now mentality.

We need defense so bad !!!! Do some deals Kenny !!! Get Some picks!!!
So acquire some assets!!!!

Last edited:
Are you willing to lend Kenny your cellphone?

Look at the 4 trades Kenny pulled off last season.

Jurco out of league (Petruzelli via 3rd rounder)
Smith recently out of league with chance to return (Gallant via 3rd round and 2nd round 2018)
Ott retired (6th rounder 2018)
Vanek went to new team still surprisingly effective (Kotkansalo via 3rd rounder plus AHLer McIlrath)

Kenny did pretty well robbing other teams last deadline.

5 Forward, 5 Defenceman, and 1 Goalie drafted in 2017.

To Ottawa:
Ville Pokka (potential 2nd pairing D)

To Chicago
Chris Di Domenico

Ottawa lost Domenico on waivers to Tampa than got him back the next week via waivers. Fairly certain he cleared waivers yesterday.

Dunno why Chicago is paying such a heavy price for a player they could have obtained for free via waivers.

Leafs reportedly offered a 5th rounder for Glendening, Holland countered with 2nd.

Mrazek to Philly for a 3rd and 4th. I think the 4th is this year and 3rd is next year.

Picks are conditional.

Mrazek for 2018 4th round pick with conditions, including possible 2nd pick.

Conditions for pick #1:
5 wins in regular season and Philly makes playoffs, upgrades to 3rd round pick.
If Flyers make conference finals and Mrazek gets 6 wins in playoffs, upgrades to 2nd round pick.

Conditions for pick #2
Mrazek resigns with Philly next season. 2019 3rd round pick.
The Red Wings will retain 50 per cent of Mrazek's salary.
According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the Red Wings are guaranteed no less than a fourth-rounder. If the Flyers make the playoffs and Mrazek wins five games in the regular season, the fourth becomes a third. If the Flyers advance to the conference finals and Mrazek wins six playoff games, the third becomes a second. If the Flyers re-sign Mrazek next season, the Red Wings get a third in 2019.

The Red Wings will retain 50 per cent of Mrazek's salary.
https://www.tsn.ca/red-wings-deal-g-mrazek-to-flyers-for-picks-1.1004463

Last edited:
Back