Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Welcome to MSU David Hadelin!

4 Star JUCO OT with offers from USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas etal. Will enroll for January and hopefully be ready to be in the rotation by fall. His offer list was ridiculous for a JUCO player.

Like taking a couple JUCO kids a class, you just know so much more about what you are getting than any high school kid, it's no mistake that Alabama and Auburn take 3-4 JUCO kids a class. There is very little risk as you've seen them perform against much better competition than any high school kid has. This was reportedly the #1 OT that Dantonio wanted.

Another big boy offer list, Oregon, Oklahoma, usc, Nebraska

On further review he won't graduate until May and can't join us until then. May red shirt in the fall, 3 years to play 2. Great pickup though.

Last edited:
Pinkney to Cincinnati, I think geography had a lot to do with that one

Malik McDowell is trending to MSU. Wiltfong spoke with him today and immediately changed his crystal ball to MSU.

"I like the players a lot," McDowell said. "I like the school. I feel comfortable. I like Michigan State a lot."

Wiltfong says it's not a done deal, but we are now the team to beat for McDowell. Scherer talked to McDowell and his mother last week and changed his crystal ball to MSU. Apparently Malik would already be committed to MSU, but his dad isn't sold yet although his mom now favors MSU.

He's a good player, if he's a hard worker he could be great at MSU.

5 more crystal balls to MSU today including JC Shurburt and the Alabama guy. The players are at the UA All American game, so many of these recruiting experts are getting to talk to McDowell. That's 10 predictions in a row for MSU, something is up.

5 more crystal balls to MSU today including JC Shurburt and the Alabama guy. The players are at the UA All American game, so many of these recruiting experts are getting to talk to McDowell. That's 10 predictions in a row for MSU, something is up.

from what I understand he wants to go to MSU and his parents want to go to UM for academics. we need to push the amount of kids that graduate and the variety of degrees we have, not just pushing kids through wolverine athletics junior college.

from what I understand he wants to go to MSU and his parents want to go to UM for academics. we need to push the amount of kids that graduate and the variety of degrees we have, not just pushing kids through wolverine athletics junior college.

What has changed is that his mom now favors MSU, his dad is still a U of M fan, but his mom is for MSU now.

He's at the UA All American game, he's talking to people and it's all coming up MSU right now. Still wants to take his visits to OSU and FLA, but it's looking pretty good.

Wonder if Marshall would come with him, word has been he still talks to MSU coaches regularly and we've never stopped recruiting him.

And I agree, the academics of a football program at a school have little to do with the academics of the school in general, hence MSU with a higher football graduation rate, more academic All B1Gs, and a much wider variety of majors being taken by our football players.

Last edited:
If you're into crooting stars, you're going to like the direction we are going. The 2014 class could end with McDowell, O'Conner, and Cage, all 4 star guys, but the 2015 class could be top 10. Rick DeBarry a 4/5 star LB from VA really likes us, we already have four 4 star guys committed, lead for several other in state 4 star guys. 2015 DT Adam McLean just named us his leader and wants to commit soon, he's a top 100 player.

There are several other top 150 players who are high on the Spartans, 2015 will without a doubt be the most highly rated class MD has brought in. Highly rated doesn;t mean best though as we've learned.

Glad to see bigger names are starting to pick MSU. But are best players are usually lower stars so maybe this could be a bad thing. Who have been our highest ranked in the past? Thomas? Gholston?

The Under Armour game is on, any chance any of these recruits might pick MSU today?

The Under Armour game is on, any chance any of these recruits might pick MSU today?

Not today. But we are getting an official visit from Eric Smith this month, 2014 4 star Ohio CB, top 100 player.

Also, rumor out of Chicago is that Jamarco Jones is wavering on his Ohio State commitment and that MSU's wins over Ohio State and Stanford are the reason why. Jones is a 2014 top 100 Offensive Tackle.

I would love for MSU to flip some OSU commits for the shit Urban pulled when he first came in the B1G.

MN commit, RB Jeff Jones has scheduled a visit to MSU this month, he talked about his great relationship with coach Staten. Michael O'Conner said this weekend that the team he is closest to is MSU. O'Conner might wait until late spring to sign. We were his leader until his spot was taken.

Not today. But we are getting an official visit from Eric Smith this month, 2014 4 star Ohio CB, top 100 player.

Also, rumor out of Chicago is that Jamarco Jones is wavering on his Ohio State commitment and that MSU's wins over Ohio State and Stanford are the reason why. Jones is a 2014 top 100 Offensive Tackle.

wow that would be big, I think his heart said MSU but OSU was in a much better position as a program but now that's changed.

Also, Craig Evans committing tonight after the UA game

As expected, Evans stayed with Wisky. Daniel Cage is the DT we expect to get, especially now that Strong is probably going to Texas.

Malik McDowell is propably going to be in E Lansing this weekend for an official visit with his parents. He is moving his visit to LSU back a week and cancelling his visit to OSU, he says OSU is off his lost now.

I'm just liking Michigan State a lot right now," McDowell said. "It's all the coaches and there's a good chance I can come in and play early. Plus I like the type of weather here because it's cold. I like that."

The FSU visit went well, but he seems to want to stay closer to home and he likes the cold weather. Narduzzi met with his parents last week and made some real progress. We get him in for an official this weekend and he's probably going to come play football at MSU. He said he is announcing his decision on signing day.

Kid seems like a good fit for our defense, he has some tools to succeed, if he works hard he could be a very good player for MSU.

Malik McDowell is propably going to be in E Lansing this weekend for an official visit with his parents. He is moving his visit to LSU back a week and cancelling his visit to OSU, he says OSU is off his lost now.

I'm just liking Michigan State a lot right now," McDowell said. "It's all the coaches and there's a good chance I can come in and play early. Plus I like the type of weather here because it's cold. I like that."

The FSU visit went well, but he seems to want to stay closer to home and he likes the cold weather. Narduzzi met with his parents last week and made some real progress. We get him in for an official this weekend and he's probably going to come play football at MSU. He said he is announcing his decision on signing day.

Kid seems like a good fit for our defense, he has some tools to succeed, if he works hard he could be a very good player for MSU.

i'm not sure that there's room for Evans and Mcdowell, especially with TJ Harrell looking more likely each day. we could take a scholarship from a walk on but i don't know what our policy is on that

Back