Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dodgers get Granderson

He was better hitter when he wasn't trying to hit home runs all the time. 2007-08 in Detroit was just so good.

2006-2008 Away

.360 OBP .525 SLG .885 OPS .234 ISO 7.3 Speed 130 wRC+

2015-Present Away (902 PAs)

.371 OBP .514 SLG .885 OPS .249 ISO 5.7 Speed 136 wRC+

2006-2008 Away

.360 OBP .525 SLG .885 OPS .234 ISO 7.3 Speed 130 wRC+

2015-Present Away (902 PAs)

.371 OBP .514 SLG .885 OPS .249 ISO 5.7 Speed 136 wRC+

Not saying he was better one time than another (though I kind of did) though the time with NYY and their easier home run chance in RF didn't hurt. I just like the the fact he could hit for average. He seemed like he could could do it all.. Better all around player. Then he became a power hitter.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the teams he's played for after Detroit, but always have and always will pull for the guy. You can't not love Granderson.

2004-2009 (DET)
Home .261 BAVG .334 OBP .451 SLG .785 OPS .190 ISO 104 w RC+ 33.5 PA/HR
Away .284 BAVG .353 OBP .516 SLG .869 OPS .232 ISO 126 wRC+ 24.6 PA/HR

2010-2013 (NYY)
Home .254 BAVG .342 OBP .523 SLG .865 OPS .269 ISO 129 wRC+ 16.4 PA/HR
Away .236 BAVG .328 OBP .468 SLG .796 OPS .233 ISO 116 wRC+ 21.4 PA/HR

2014-Present (NYM+LAD)
Home .212 BAVG .309 OBP .389 SLG .698 OPS .177 ISO 98 wRC+ 29.8 PA/HR
Away .263 BAVG .368 OBP .495 SLG .863 OPS .232 ISO 133 wRC+ 21.4 PA/HR

Typical Rebbiv , has no actual say about the matter . Do you even watch baseball or are you just a saber geek who just post's stats ...hmmmm

Typical Rebbiv , has no actual say about the matter . Do you even watch baseball or are you just a saber geek who just post's stats ...hmmmm

The numbers that he posts are irrefutable proof, they, like ball, don't lie.

While I tend to add more emotional gut feelings into my opinions about teams, managers, coaching , players, and their history than Rebbiv does, I respect and lend a lot of credence to his posts.

Last edited:
The numbers that he posts are irrefutable proof, they, like ball, don't lie.

While I tend to add more emotional gut feelings into my opinions about teams, managers, coaching , players, and their history than Rebbiv does, I respect and lend a lot of credence to his posts.

I scroll right past his post's , they mean nothing to me ....and no most of the time he just post's stats that tend to back him up and leaves out other stuff . Typical Liberal

Since joining the Dodgers: .114/.262/.286/.548 w/4 homers in 21 games, 70 at-bats. The team also has gone 6-17 since acquiring Granderson, Their high water mark was on August 25, when they had a 21 game lead, and were poised to break the MLB record for wins in a season. Not anymore, their lead has been cut by more than half, are currently on a 10 game losing streak, and do not have a lock on the NLWD title.

Last edited:
Lose another 10 in a row and maybe Arizona has a shot. I thin they need to do it like football.. Add a 3rd WC team, top two division winners get a bye - the other 4 play in a real series. I always liked the 2 division format I grew up on but a one in done is a dumb idea.

Lost 11 games in a row and still have a freaking nine game lead ....dang !

Lose another 10 in a row and maybe Arizona has a shot. I thin they need to do it like football.. Add a 3rd WC team, top two division winners get a bye - the other 4 play in a real series. I always liked the 2 division format I grew up on but a one in done is a dumb idea.

Not fair for a WC team to possibly finish with a significantly better record, than 1 or even 2 division title winners in a league, then face off vs another WC-winning team in a one-shot postseason game. Their WC opponent could conceivably ALSO have a better season record than 1 or 2 division title winners as well.

So IMO, MLB should reduce the regular season by 5-8 games, and allow for @ least a best 2 out of 3 WC round in each league.The regular season once was 154 games in length anyway. In some northern cities, the WS has been been played in downright nippy temps by late October. I remember how chilly that it was in Detroit, on the night that Maggs hit his pennant-winning walkoff 3 run homer vs the A's in '06. I also remember trick or treating as a kid on some Halloween nights, when a sweater or even a coat was needed underneath my costume.

Last edited:
Not fair for a WC team to possibly finish with a significantly better record, than 1 or even 2 division title winners in a league, then face off vs another WC-winning team in a one-shot postseason game. Their WC opponent could conceivably ALSO have a better season record than 1 or 2 division title winners as well.

So IMO, MLB should reduce the regular season by 5-8 games, and allow for @ least a best 2 out of 3 WC round in each league.The regular season once was 154 games in length anyway. In some northern cities, the WS has been been played in downright nippy temps by late October. I remember how chilly that it was in Detroit, on the night that Maggs hit his pennant-winning walkoff 3 run homer vs the A's in '06. I also remember trick or treating as a kid on some Halloween nights, when a sweater or even a coat was needed underneath my costume.

One game win and move on (or lose and go home) stinks.

Side note: When wasn't it cold during Halloween and rain too. I was a Lion (a real one, not the one we watch on Sundays) one year and my mom stuffed me to the gills. I was warm though.. It was uncomfortable as hell though.

Last edited:
Back