Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quiz

tinselwolverine

This was linked to from the ESPN MLB schedule page.

I got 36 out of 40. I bet there are some posters on this board who would get all of them.

40/40. Had I missed any of them, I'd have turned in my baseball card and force-followed the WBNA

I missed 2 but one my mouse jumped from Gehrig to DiMaggio so really just one.

40/40. Had I missed any of them, I'd have turned in my baseball card and force-followed the WBNA

I missed Cy Young and Honus Wagner and a couple of others from the way way back.

For what it's worth the quiz told me that I did really well, so I probably did better than most but I would have bet you would be have one of the people who would've gotten them all.

There's at least a couple of others that I think would get them all too.

91% of people can't name these baseball legends from their image. Can you? I got 40 of 40 right Perfect! You definitely breathe and eat baseball!

40/40 but admittedly I guessed on both Shoeless Joe and Honus Wagner

I missed on Shoeless Joe myself. I pictured D.B. Sweeney who played him in the movie Eight Men Out. And he didn't look Italian enough, Ray Liotta - So I was confused..

I missed on Shoeless Joe myself. I pictured D.B. Sweeney who played him in the movie Eight Men Out. And he didn't look Italian enough, Ray Liotta - So I was confused..

That's one of the others I missed. Cy Young, Honus Wagner shoeless Joe and one other.

In defense of us that missed Shoeless Joe, he wasn't wearing a Chicago White Sox uniform in the picture.

40/40 but admittedly I guessed on both Shoeless Joe and Honus Wagner

You were another one I would have bet to get them all.

A couple of the others I would have thought would have gotten them all have checked in and confirm that they did.

There are still a few out there but I'm not going to name them until they verify that they in fact got them all.

I don't feel too bad about my score. I love baseball but I'll admit I'm not quite the baseball fan as most of the rest of you.

You were another one I would have bet to get them all.

A couple of the others I would have thought would have gotten them all have checked in and confirm that they did.

There are still a few out there but I'm not going to name them until they verify that they in fact got them all.

I don't feel too bad about my score. I love baseball but I'll admit I'm not quite the baseball fan as most of the rest of you.

You don't need to know all that to be a big fan. I can name all the Presidents in order.. but history as a whole not so good.

38 out of 40 (missed on two guesses)

Most were obvious choices after you eliminated others. Both Shoeless Joe and Nap Lajoie were answers to the one and they both played with CLE on the same team (1910-194). The player was in a CLE uniform. So that was a 50-50 guess and I got it wrong. The other was also a guess.

Seeing the uniform and what team was key.

When they have a picture of Ken Griffey Jr and one of the answers is Al Kaline, you know the quiz is suspect. They should have 4 black player names from Griffey's era in order for this quiz to mean anything. Of course, how many in Griffey's era were legends?

Most were obvious choices after you eliminated others. Both Shoeless Joe and Nap Lajoie were answers to the one and they both played with CLE on the same team (1910-194). The player was in a CLE uniform. So that was a 50-50 guess and I got it wrong. The other was also a guess.

When they have a picture of Ken Griffey Jr and one of the answers is Al Kaline, you know the quiz is suspect. They should have 4 black player names from Griffey's era in order for this quiz to mean anything. Of course, how many in Griffey's era were legends?

you could see the first initial and first letter of his last name in one picture.

I'm not a baseball historian. I had to guess on at least a dozen. Almost every black and white photo I had to guess and it wasn't based on the guy in the picture...it was the names and age of the photo that I was going on.

you could see the first initial and first letter of his last name in one picture.

I'm not a baseball historian. I had to guess on at least a dozen. Almost every black and white photo I had to guess and it wasn't based on the guy in the picture...it was the names and age of the photo that I was going on.

That was Frank Robinson, but that was was easy anyways.

Bought a book on early HoFers from Scholastic Book Services while in parochial grade school, plus all of the baseball cards that I collected in the 60s, figured that I had a good chance of getting them all correct, but used the hint a few times when I wasn't absolutely certain.

Last edited:

Same on Shoeless.. I'm like wait a minute "he played for Cleveland?" Even at 51 I can still learn new things..

Back