Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Northwestern

more on the plus side - we only have six turnovers and we have the edge in rebounds (by 1).

I still expect to win this game. NW will get worn down, they're already in or really close to being in foul trouble, we should beat them by winning the battle of attrition, grinding it out in the second half. however, even if that happens that certainly doesn't mean this team and izzo don't have serious problems to work out.

Last edited:
gonna have to cut their shooting % in half for the second half to do that.

Last edited:
How pissed must NU fans be. Blow a 35 point lead in the 3rd quarter against us in football in 2006, now blow a 27 point lead in hoops.

Unreal game. Happy with the W. Disgusted with the first 20 minutes.

Can't have performances like that at this time of year. Unacceptable. Shouldn't take an entire half to make the necessary adjustments against a team like NW.

Didn't see the game but was following the score. Wow, what a comeback. So I can throw out the window some of the stuff I was saying earlier in the year about the team lacking toughness and persistence. But still it concerns me in games like this, and throw the Iowa game in there as well, that the team can't do more to establish control sooner, road game or no.

I'm honestly not sure how to feel after that. The first half was downright embarrassing, but the second half was like watching a damn defensive clinic. I guess I'm more impressed that they came all the way back instead of mailing in the second half. I don't much care about the B1G title, but in a year where top teams are dropping games to unranked opponents every week, it's nice to know our guys care about every win now.

Last edited:
Another head scratcher of a game. I really hope Izzo knows what he’s doing with these weird decisions. Still don’t get why he’ll let Miles play so uncontrolled to the point that it destroys the flow of the entire offense. Yet pulls Ward for one defensive miss or turnover.

Also, Jackson needs to be more aggressive. His stat line is pathetic

Last edited:
Back