Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Magazines

I like the ESPN Magazine sometimes but I never buy it because I hate the over size of it. For me it just drives me crazy how big it is...

The Magazine I had the subscription the longest was Astronomy.. Around 10 years give or take.. I really liked it...Too bad i don't get it an more.. My parents have gotten me a subscription to National Geographic for years.. I have to say it is pretty decent.. I tell my father to stop giving it to me but he does not hear me.
I find Maxim pretty funny at times and with some decent articles..i do like some of the history magazines out there about the military.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]The Magazine I had the subscription the longest was Astronomy.. Around 10 years give or take.. I really liked it...Too bad i don't get it an more.. My parents have gotten me a subscription to National Geographic for years.. I have to say it is pretty decent.. I tell my father to stop giving it to me but he does not hear me.
I find Maxim pretty funny at times and with some decent articles..i do like some of the history magazines out there about the military.

best magazine ever.........Loaded. It's the english version of Maxim, but they have nudity and HUGE tatas! lol

Not a magazine but the Baseball Weekly paper, came out every Tuesday was sweet. USA changed the name of it but not near the same. Just all baseball. I had that through the 90's.

I subscribe to Fortune, and a friend got me a subscription to GQ, but I really only read the latter when I'm on the can, since it's become just a huge book of ads for clothes I'll never wear and cologne I'll never put on... one of the editors at GQ went to MICHIGAN though, so we usually get some decent coverage when they talk about college football.

When I was in high school, I used to read ORBIT. Anybody remember that? it was an indie magazine around the Detroit area in the mid-late 90's.

I like to read the local alternative weekly newspapers too. In Chicago we have The Reader which is great (also available online). When I still lived in Detroit, I'd always pick up the Metro Times.

I read Wired nearly every month, and have bought a half dozen Fantasy Football mags in the past month.

I remember from January 31, 1990 to June 13, 1991. there was a sports paper called 'The National Sports Daily' Or 'The National'. I remember living in Vegas at the time and being excited about this paper for a year and thought it was a fun read..The covers were pretty sweet...But the paper did not last very long...

http://thenationalsportsdaily.com/

Back