Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New 2017 UM Commit slams Brian Kelly

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
WOW.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Michigan-commit-compares-Harbaugh-to-Kelly-48472193

"He doesn't act like he's important," Jeter said of Harbaugh. "He doesn't act like he's one of the best coaches in the country. He's real down to earth and humble. He's easy to talk to. Talking to Brian Kelly wasn't fun. It wasn't cool. You have to make an appointment just to go to his office. Coach Harbaugh has an open-door policy. Every one of Michigan's coaches has an open-door policy."

Hopefully this story gets some traction on the bigger networks.

It's funny. Idiots like Finebaum always talk about Jim's arrogance, but from everything I've seen, he's all about the kids and the team.

WOW.

"He doesn't act like he's important," Jeter said of Harbaugh...

We all know Jeter had always wanted to go to Michigan; but the lure of going straight to the Yankees made sense all those years ago.

Jeter's a great athlete, and I guess technically he has college football eligibility having never played in the NFL; but at 42 years old and pretty skinny - and no football experience at any level, really - I just don't know how's he's going to fit into the Michigan scheme.

But hey - Harbaugh always seems to have a method to his madness...so we'll see.

I think people confuse Harbaugh's arrogance with just his general awkward/weirdness.

Good get and him slamming Kelly is icing on the cake. The purple cake.

enhanced-buzz-6299-1357316374-2.jpg

Kelly was an arrogant prick at the presser when he was announced as nd coach and has been an ass on the sidelines since.

Harbaugh doesn't like the sensational media and clowns like Finebaum and doesn't seem to like hypocritical head coaches (particularly in the SEC).

But he loves football and loves his players and sure as hell seems to be a good fit at MICHIGAN.

Last edited:
I'll go on the record to state that this kid was not all that prudent in revealing this information about Kelly to the public. It's hearsay and it's irrelevant to his appeal regarding Michigan. JM02.

I'll go on the record to state that this kid was not all that prudent in revealing this information about Kelly to the public. It's hearsay and it's irrelevant to his appeal regarding Michigan. JM02.

I don't disagree with your point. But I think it's the new world were in with social media and recruits.

I don't disagree with your point. But I think it's the new world were in with social media and recruits.

Jeter spoke with a newspaper. Hardly a "new-world" media source. This was no impetuous tweet or Facebook post.

I think people confuse Harbaugh's arrogance with just his general awkward/weirdness.

I've found that people project their own values on others, and have a hard time grasping the concept that other people may be motivated by different things in life than they are.

it was like that when we were interviewing Harbaugh. Greedy, attention-seeking media whores were saying Harbaugh would never come to Michigan, period, since college < pros, would not come to Michigan unless we made him the highest paid coach in all of football, etc.

similarly, they've dismissed him as "crazy" or "completely insane" for... apparently being able to joke around with his players and get along with other people (???), and interact with the public on twitter.

I know, right?

I'm more troubled that he thanked the Christian god for blessing him with football skills. That shows a certain ignorance of the nature of heritable genes, good nutrition, and upbringing, as well as a dangerously self-absorbed world view. But, surprisingly, given all that, he didn't choose ND, so there is hope for this kid.

I'm more troubled that he thanked the Christian god for blessing him with football skills. That shows a certain ignorance of the nature of heritable genes, good nutrition, and upbringing, as well as a dangerously self-absorbed world view. But, surprisingly, given all that, he didn't choose ND, so there is hope for this kid.

I am pleased that he recognizes that his abilities are God-given and not concocted by some random chemical reaction. And that he's not utterly blind to that truth. I'll submit that those who are, are those who are "dangerously self-absorbed."

I am pleased that he recognizes that his abilities are God-given and not concocted by some random chemical reaction. And that he's not utterly blind to that truth. I'll submit that those who are, are those who are "dangerously self-absorbed."

Just because someone questions the existence of a god, or does not believe there is a god, does not mean that they are dangerously self-absorbed.

Just because someone questions the existence of a god, or does not believe there is a god, does not mean that they are dangerously self-absorbed.

It was a quid-pro-quo and a direct rebuttal. And it was a "submission."

"dangerously self-absorbed" to give thanks to an outside source for your skills?

Guys, I need to remind you that this is the UM section, not religion. Cut it.

Back