Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Tom Hayden

I thought he had died years ago.

I thought he had got his self run over by a car crossing the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica or Malibu or something.

I thought he had died years ago.

I thought he had got his self run over by a car crossing the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica or Malibu or something.

that must've been some other prominent, anti-war activist who was once married to Jane Fonda.

I recall seeing photos of him getting his ass beat by skin-heads (this was probably before they were called skin-heads, but you know what I mean). Think what you will about the guy, any one who takes a beating for his beliefs has my respect. GO BLUE Tom, and RIP.

I recall seeing photos of him getting his ass beat by skin-heads (this was probably before they were called skin-heads, but you know what I mean). Think what you will about the guy, any one who takes a beating for his beliefs has my respect. GO BLUE Tom, and RIP.

He was beaten by white supremacists while supporting the civil rights movement in Mississippi, and thrown in jail for the same thing in Georgia. He wrote the Port Huron statement while in that same jail.

He was one of the Chicago 7 (four are still alive now), and never stopped fighting for peace and justice his whole life. Like you said, a guy who takes a beating for his beliefs deserves respect; he took a beating and more... basically he devoted his entire like to the cause. He never stopped, never retired.

Back