Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

We don't have to be under the 13 scholarship limit until next Fall. Not worried about it, the staff already knows.

And as far as sources. Jackson himself has been the best source for pro MSU stuff. He loves MSU, Izzo, and his best friends are already part of the class.

We don't have to be under the 13 scholarship limit until next Fall. Not worried about it, the staff already knows.

And as far as sources. Jackson himself has been the best source for pro MSU stuff. He loves MSU, Izzo, and his best friends are already part of the class.

could he technically commit right now if he wanted to?

Technically, any one of us could commit right now. Personally, my mind is made up - has been for awhile now but my mom wants me to take all my official visits first. I'm currently talking to local NY TV stations to cover my announcement sometime in early spring.

FYI after the IU game Ellis said that he's aware of the rumors about him transferring and he's not going anywhere

FYI after the IU game Ellis said that he's aware of the rumors about him transferring and he's not going anywhere

Technically, isn't goins only on scholarship because we had an extra one? So couldn't he go back to a walk on and that scholarship goes to Josh?

Technically, isn't goins only on scholarship because we had an extra one? So couldn't he go back to a walk on and that scholarship goes to Josh?

Goins will go off from scholarship just to accommodate the 4 we have coming in. We'd need one more to leave. Crazy to think that Goins will be a non scholarship player next year, he's pretty good and could probably be a starter in the MAC, maybe even a good one.

Bess at this point might be the most likely candidate. It's difficult envisioning him having a role going forward. Too small for the 4, not really skilled enough for the 3 at the Big Ten level. Was he injured yesterday? He didn't even get in during mopup time.

Ahrens could be another candidate, but I hope not. I like his skillset and I could see him playing a role in 2 years with Harris gone and maybe some portion of next year's freshmen leave early.

Last edited:
Bess at this point might be the most likely candidate. It's difficult envisioning him having a role going forward. Too small for the 4, not really skilled enough for the 3 at the Big Ten level. Was he injured yesterday? He didn't even get in during mopup time.

Ahrens could be another candidate, but I hope not. I like his skillset and I could see him playing a role in 2 years with Harris gone and maybe some portion of next year's freshmen leave early.

Bess is most likely, just not going to get minutes here. Ahrens will red shirt next season IMO. It could be a surprise player too. Izzo already knows who will leave, he wouldn't be accepting a Jackson commitment if he didn't know.

we don't have to figure this out until december when the tuition bills are due. Andre Drummond was technically a walk on at Uconn since they were over. he took out a loan for a semester and he was a lottery pick.

Goins will go off from scholarship just to accommodate the 4 we have coming in. We'd need one more to leave. Crazy to think that Goins will be a non scholarship player next year, he's pretty good and could probably be a starter in the MAC, maybe even a good one.

this isn't true...

Leaving this year is Valentine, Forbes, Costello, Wollenman ... four spots are already open.. a fifth would need to open for Jackson (or he goes on with his own money)

Wollenman is a walk-on.

13 scholarships for next year as of right now with Goins presumably going back to walk-on status.

Davis, Harris, Schilling, Nairn, Clark, Bess, Ellis, McQuaid, Ahrens, Bridges, Langford, Winston, Ward

Last edited:
Wollenman is a walk-on.

13 scholarships for next year as of right now with Goins presumably going back to walk-on status.

Davis, Harris, Schilling, Nairn, Clark, Bess, Ellis, McQuaid, Ahrens, Bridges, Langford, Winston, Ward

oh wow i did not know this. i stand corrected

Back