Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avalanche 3 Red Wings 2 shootout Final

In the midst of a tough stretch, the Wings really need to get points against these teams below them in the standings.

Yes for sure.. PM is playing great i sure hope he keeps it up..

Lazy defense by Gus. They are outplaying them but missed on a couple of chances.

Overtime. .after out shooting them by about a 1 Million.:/

Jesus wings just can't finish ... so may chances,

Now a pp for them.

Shootout

Larkin misses.
Av's whiff.
-------
PD scores.
Av's whiff.
----------
Richards misses. (What crap shit shot to win).
Av's scores.
-----------
Gus misses.
Av's win

FUCK I HATE SHOOTOUTS

Last edited:
Just unbelievable we can't finish these games after dominating.

Games like this really prove they need a goal scorer.

I hate losing games where we were clearly the better team. Pavel got robbed a couple of times and Larkin hit the post twice.

If we had a top shelf sniper this game is a blow out . Goals feel see so hard for this club..

Last edited:
Varlamov stole this game as much as we gave it away. Given the number of games Mrazek has won for us when the rest of the team was getting dominated, it's hard to get mad seeing it go the other way.

Varlamov stole this game as much as we gave it away. Given the number of games Mrazek has won for us when the rest of the team was getting dominated, it's hard to get mad seeing it go the other way.

Stop being the voice of reason lol....

Ya this game was frustrating due to the amount of shots we put on Colorado (I think they blocked like 28 shots - which is about what we average in a game...)

However, the Wings are playing real solid these past 4 games; if they can keep this type of play up, they will easily make the playoffs. This game didnt go our way, but weve stolen a few where we have gotten outplayed; in a long season youll get a few of these types of games.

Ya this game was frustrating due to the amount of shots we put on Colorado (I think they blocked like 28 shots - which is about what we average in a game...)

However, the Wings are playing real solid these past 4 games; if they can keep this type of play up, they will easily make the playoffs. This game didnt go our way, but weve stolen a few where we have gotten outplayed; in a long season youll get a few of these types of games.

This. Despite the outcomes, it feels like the team has played better since the All-Star break (well, at least when Mrazek plays). I might be in the minority, but for most of the year this felt like a below .500 team. They didn't really carry play, and their defense wasn't impressive. Mrazek playing like the best goalie in the league had a lot to do with our record.

But at least these last few games, it seems like the offense has woken up a bit. They are actually putting themselves in position to succeed, even if they don't always follow through. Playing like this long term is going to pay dividends.

Back