Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions > NFL General Board

Old 04-27-2017, 05:14 PM   #11

I have to write notes - lists of items when I go anywhere past few years.
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfreq View Post
"Short-term memory loss -- hard times remembering things that have happened recently," he said. "Like, you walk to the grocery store and you're like, 'Huh, I can't remember what I needed to get.'

He didn't go to the wrong store, he forgot what he was there for.
That's not short term memory loss. It's when you ate, and forgot you just ate. He remembered to go to the store.. Anyone 5 up is going to forget stuff at a grocery store if they have a bunch of things they need to get. That's why most have lists..

And with your story, pork grinds.. You eventually remembered. Short term loss, you don't remember. It's like eating dinner, 10 minutes later you want to eat again because you forget you ate in the first place. That's short term memory loss.. What you're describing is you forgot what you ate -- very much different.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 04-27-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
That's not short term memory loss. It's when you ate, and forgot you just ate. He remembered to go to the store.. Anyone 5 up is going to forget stuff at a grocery store if they have a bunch of things they need to get. That's why most have lists..

And with your story, pork grinds.. You eventually remembered. Short term loss, you don't remember. It's like eating dinner, 10 minutes later you want to eat again because you forget you ate in the first place. That's short term memory loss.. What you're describing is you forgot what you ate -- very much different.
That's exactly what I am saying bud. That's not short term memory loss at all. That's just... well.. it just happens.

It's not like he forgot walking to the store. He just forgot what he wanted.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfreq View Post
That's exactly what I am saying bud. That's not short term memory loss at all. That's just... well.. it just happens.

It's not like he forgot walking to the store. He just forgot what he wanted.
I agree with that but my first question was because Thomas had an open ended thought .. I wasn't sure what he meant.. I had to be reminded twice today, from this forum, that the draft was tonight.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 04-27-2017, 11:03 PM   #15

I forget stuff all the time.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
Old 04-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #16

What are we talking about again?
Old 04-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #17

It's probably some kind of defense mechanism. He is coming to grips with the fact that he spent his whole lousy career in Cleveland and is trying to block it all out.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
I forget stuff all the time.
Yep, me too.