Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pics from Orange Hitler's visit with the Pope

Thought I would give you a semi-serious response too. That is because he and you believe the evidence that our man-made "most advanced equipment" has produced. Funny, though, that evidence could also be used to undermine the entire process of scientific inquiry.

Look at global warming! <gets ready to duck> :*)

so your point is that religion is okay/valid because while scientific inquiry can undermine it (which of course doesn't stop religious people from believing in their bullshit), scientific inquiry can also undermine earlier scientific inquiry?

well, yeah. that's kinda the whole point of science. hypotheses and data can be proven false or invalidated by new or more accurate data. the whole point of science is the method though, not the outcome.

the tenets of organized religions were proven scientifically false hundreds of years ago... once we inveted telescopes, and microscopes and discovered dinosaur bones & carbon dating. the boundaries of what the Church asserted as "Truth" (Heliocentric universe, 6,000 year old Earth, magic, miraculous occurences, etc) conveniently retreated past the boundary of what science couldn't prove at that moment. These days the Church is more or less only left with things that are impossible to prove false.

I toned the post you quoted way down from the way I would have put it in day to day life...and I even made a couple of edits toward that end...that said, I think metaphor used to illustrate just how difficult the Truth can be to find is poignant, profound and auspicious primarily by virtue of its basic primordial essence.

"basic primordial essence"? Nice phrase.

BTW I took the quoted post in succession to your previous 4-5 posts. I'll leave it at that.

God damn I got to get my satire website back up? "Grown up Actor Who Played Damien as a Child Invited to Real Life Audience With the Pope After Photo Shopped Image Goes Viral on the World Wide Web..."

You guys are fucking lucky to have had my comedic brilliance to yourself for as long as you have. Once I reteach myself HTML And web uploading I'm out of here? Off to fame and fortune.

I sure hope you hit it super big !!!!!!

Back