Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football Program...

King, Corley and Vance are all pieces of shit and hopefully get the book thrown at them if all of this story is true. They've all been kicked off the team now that the investigation has run it course.

the details behind this are absolutely horrifying. I think dantonio should step down. I know there isn't much he can do, but the fact that he recruited these guys says something. Just leave.

Edit: I'd rather MSU be a shitty program in terms of wins and losses for as long as I'm alive than to see this.

Last edited:
the details behind this are absolutely horrifying. I think dantonio should step down. I know there isn't much he can do, but the fact that he recruited these guys says something. Just leave.

Edit: I'd rather MSU be a shitty program in terms of wins and losses for as long as I'm alive than to see this.

Let's slow it down here, yes he recruited the players but that doesn't make him responsible for everything they do. He can't be with them 24x7, sometimes young men do stupid things, no other way around it. Whether it was criminal or not remains to be seen, they will get their day in court and I hope the truth comes out. As Jones Day concluded, MD handled everything the way he should have. I don't see any argument for him stepping down due to this incident.

Also, basically every elite program recruited these same guys as well. should they all step down because they wanted them but couldn't gain a commitment?

Last edited:

Why do you keep saying that? As sickening as this story is, I don't see how you can put blame on Dantonio. You don't gauge a coach on the nonsense that some of the kids do, you gauge them on how they handle it. By all accounts this was handled perfect on the the programs part.

this would make sense if there were indications that one or more of these three were bad or troubled kids. If appropriate due diligence that would have indicated these were problem kids wasn't done, then maybe you could pin this on Dantonio. From what we know, it seems likely that this is a case of young kids doing something stupid and also out of character. That's not to excuse them - if they're guilty, they should be punished - just to say it doesn't sound like this was something any coach would have anticipated.

I'm not a huge Dantonio fan, but I think he learned his lesson with Glenn Winston and based on what's come out so far, I don't think he's about as blameless as someone in his position can be.

this would make sense if there were indications that one or more of these three were bad or troubled kids. If appropriate due diligence that would have indicated these were problem kids wasn't done, then maybe you could pin this on Dantonio. From what we know, it seems likely that this is a case of young kids doing something stupid and also out of character. That's not to excuse them - if they're guilty, they should be punished - just to say it doesn't sound like this was something any coach would have anticipated.

I'm not a huge Dantonio fan, but I think he learned his lesson with Glenn Winston and based on what's come out so far, I don't think he's about as blameless as someone in his position can be.

Robertson had a passed...

I see no reason to call for Dantonio's head here. He did exactly what you would hope once the information reached him. He cannot control what other people do, and there was no reasonable expectation this would happen to those boys.

That said, I do wish people would stop saying "young people doing dumb things." Rape is not a dumb thing like smoking pot or drinking in your dorm, it's not some victimless crime that only affects yourself. Rape is a dumb thing like murder is a dumb thing.

I too am confused by the Dantonio disdain. He can't babysit 90 kids around the clock, these are adults who need to take responsibility for their actions. I'd be pissed if these were guys with checkered pasts that every other program passed on but us, but that's not the case. the players screwed up and will pay dearly should they be proven guilty. It's embarrassing for the school and program for sure, but I don't place one iota of blame on the current coaching staff.

Last edited:
Robertson had a passed...

he was given probation for a minor battery charge and then given a second chance and now he's blown it. Oddly enough, according to Mitch Lyons, Robertson was also the one who tipped Dantonio off to the Corley/King/Vance incident.

If Dantonio did make a mistake with Robertson, it's a bit of a leap to say he was negligent in recruiting the other three who had no prior history of legal trouble.

Last edited:
MD actually had our title 9 presentation for the team a week prior to the Jan 16th incident, they discussed the Minnesota scandal and to avoid those situations.

I see no reason to call for Dantonio's head here. He did exactly what you would hope once the information reached him. He cannot control what other people do, and there was no reasonable expectation this would happen to those boys.

That said, I do wish people would stop saying "young people doing dumb things." Rape is not a dumb thing like smoking pot or drinking in your dorm, it's not some victimless crime that only affects yourself. Rape is a dumb thing like murder is a dumb thing.

I don't think anyone is minimizing the seriousness of sexual assault. it is stupid for these kids with all the opportunities they have to throw it all away by committing what everyone agrees is a horrible crime.

Are we going to have enough players to play this season? :lmao::lmao::lmao:
What an off season! LJ Scott and Lewerke are the only players left

Back