Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions > NFL General Board
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #11
biggunsbob   biggunsbob is offline
Moderator
 
biggunsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Byron Center, Michigan
Posts: 53,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlovejoy View Post
I wonder what the game thread would have looked like had it been Det. vs. KC.? How many times would Hughes have mentioned how Alex Smith is outperforming our $25 million a year quarterback? Or how many times he would have said "nice fuckin throw" every time Brady was nowhere close to his receiver?

Brady was simply not very good last night.....but that defense NE ran out there was video game terrible.
He was awful but up 27-21 in the 4th I didn't think they would fall part like they did in the 4th. I think I heard that was the first 4th quarter loss by Brady with the lead ever at Home. The loss of Edelman is bigger then they think right now.
__________________
JIM
Play Peters !!!!!
WE NEED LINEMEN !!!!!! WE NEED LINEBACKERS!!!!! WE NEED BETTER CORDINATORS!!!! PLEASE START COACHING BETTER! !!!
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!



Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by biggunsbob; 09-08-2017 at 04:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #12
biggunsbob   biggunsbob is offline
Moderator
 
biggunsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Byron Center, Michigan
Posts: 53,432
Could the lions have drafted Hunt? Because after that fumble he looked really good.
__________________
JIM
Play Peters !!!!!
WE NEED LINEMEN !!!!!! WE NEED LINEBACKERS!!!!! WE NEED BETTER CORDINATORS!!!! PLEASE START COACHING BETTER! !!!
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #13
Mitchrapp   Mitchrapp is offline
Moderator
 
Mitchrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 37,746
Didn't see this coming..
Patriots sign Kyle Van Noy to contract extension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...act-extension/
__________________
Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak a sunrise past a Rooster -- Joe Adcock

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #14
mhughes0021   mhughes0021 is offline
Senior Member
 
mhughes0021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 20,908
injuries....true win.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #15
Mitchrapp   Mitchrapp is offline
Moderator
 
Mitchrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 37,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlovejoy View Post
I wonder what the game thread would have looked like had it been Det. vs. KC.? How many times would Hughes have mentioned how Alex Smith is outperforming our $25 million a year quarterback? Or how many times he would have said "nice fuckin throw" every time Brady was nowhere close to his receiver?

Brady was simply not very good last night.....but that defense NE ran out there was video game terrible.
We play video game defenses too. I won't harp on Matt but the 78 yard TD last night, Smith threw it a good 50 yards in the air, over the top of that bad defense. Why does Matt not want to do that? OC?

Doesn't anyone else get sick of the same old 5 yard pass here, 3 yard pass there, another dump off.. I rather have the Matt with his 85 pass rating that does that than the dink and dunk 95 pass rating. We don't score anymore in this short game of his.. And we don't win any more either.

I think they risk the INT so much they're afraid to make some riskier throws.
__________________
Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak a sunrise past a Rooster -- Joe Adcock

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:13 PM   #16
sggatecl   sggatecl is offline
Senior Member
 
sggatecl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Okemos, MI
Posts: 6,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
Could the lions have drafted Hunt? Because after that fumble he looked really good.
The Lions would have either had to reach in the 2nd, trade back from the second, or trade up in the 3rd.

Either way, the fans would've collectively lost their minds in anger.
__________________
"When you start to feel sad, always remember to stop being a little bitch and no one cares."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #17
boogerlovejoy   boogerlovejoy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 7,263
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
We play video game defenses too. I won't harp on Matt but the 78 yard TD last night, Smith threw it a good 50 yards in the air, over the top of that bad defense. Why does Matt not want to do that? OC?

Doesn't anyone else get sick of the same old 5 yard pass here, 3 yard pass there, another dump off.. I rather have the Matt with his 85 pass rating that does that than the dink and dunk 95 pass rating. We don't score anymore in this short game of his.. And we don't win any more either.

I think they risk the INT so much they're afraid to make some riskier throws.
I doubt ANY QB doesn't want to throw it deep. Especially a guy with an all time great arm. I think it's more of a schematic issue than a desire issue.

And yes....I also would like to see them push it down the field a bit more. Why draft a Ebron and NOT run any seam routes with him?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #18
Mitchrapp   Mitchrapp is offline
Moderator
 
Mitchrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 37,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlovejoy View Post
I doubt ANY QB doesn't want to throw it deep. Especially a guy with an all time great arm. I think it's more of a schematic issue than a desire issue.

And yes....I also would like to see them push it down the field a bit more. Why draft a Ebron and NOT run any seam routes with him?
I know his deep balls don't have the accuracy but most QB don't have good accuracy 40 yards and out.. Beside Ebron, the guy we signed last season is suppose to be a deep ball threat.

There's so many bad defenses in the NFL.. It should be easy street, or at least easier street. Maybe open up the running game. Their offense is boring.
__________________
Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak a sunrise past a Rooster -- Joe Adcock

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.