Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Falcons @ Lions Thread

Caldwell and Stafford are like robots when it comes down to this shit. It's the only thing I can't stand about #9

This is a very good point. When crap happens to the lions it's like Oh well move on. We need fire from someone . We need a player or coach to stand up for Detroit against the league . Those two have to take the hit and get fined for the team.

Last edited:
Had that last-seconds play been made by the Falcons in their new football facilty, I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever, that it would not have been overturned upon review. Of all of the teams in the NFL's preferred pecking order, the NFC Lions and AFC Browns are @ the very bottom.

But it shouldn't have come down to making that play, Golladay was more open in the EZ, and the Lions could have tried one run play to punch it in, had the very green and recent waiver-wire pickup Zac Kerin not been in during such a crucial set of downs. That hold call hurt, then a subsequent OPI flag on Jones moved the Lions from 1st and 10 on Falcons 18, with 1:10 on the clock, to 1st and 30 on their 38 with :57 left. Lions were lucky that the INT was negated by def holding on Trufant, or the game was over right then and there.

Time to move on post game 3. If the Lions really are going to be one of the top 3 teams in the NFC, there are plenty of games yet remaining for them to prove it.

Watched a vid of Bryant's TD, all of the group of surrounding Cards defenders' feet were in front of the goal line, there was little if any pushback, and in fact a few had piled on seconds later from behind, trying to pull Dez back, instead of push (so dumb!!) ...so how could he have broken the plane?

I really was hoping on one of the first 3 downs Matt would call a fire play after acting like he is changing the play at the line of scrimmage and just try and qb sneak it in. I think it would have worked .

I really was hoping on one of the first 3 downs Matt would call a fire play after acting like he is changing the play at the line of scrimmage and just try and qb sneak it in. I think it would have worked .

I think he would have ran it on 4th down if we had the chance

Not playing the victim, you fkn idiot.

And if you CAN'T SEE the ball cross the goaline then it's NO TD. Learn the fkn rules. You don't see Dez with the ball over the goaline. The Tate call was so close with his knee down that the call should have stood up. That's the fkn point, smartass. Me personally, I thought it was so close. There's pics of Tate with his knee hovering over the carpet and nobody touching him, then he bounces in the endzone. Call should have stood because it was too close. Know what that's called, genius? Inconclusive evidence! Lions TD. Now, i'm not mad at the refs because i actually thought it was a tough call to make but it being so tough it dhould have been a score. And the whole point is that teams like Dallas, NE, GB..yadayadayada...that score stands. Hard for you to understand? For sure it is lol.
Valenti crushes the Lions daily and he was baffled that it wasn't a TD becsuse he seen no evidence Tate was down. He's hardly a slappy or a blogger. Bad call against a historically bad team. Does not justify the call whatsoever.

They called it a TD on the field for Dallas. Like you said you couldn't see the ball cross the line, because you couldn't see the ball you couldn't overturn it to say it didn't, that's why they stuck with the call on the field.

Back to Tate. What about this picture makes you think he isn't down?
nvcz94.jpg

Beating a dead horse. We'll be 3-1 after next week. Minny is not as good as their two wins have shown. Saints D is terrible and the Bucs D was beat up. Our improved D should be able to handle them. If you'd said on August first we'd make it out of the first quarter of the season 3-1 we'd all have been ecstatic.

Beating a dead horse. We'll be 3-1 after next week. Minny is not as good as their two wins have shown. Saints D is terrible and the Bucs D was beat up. Our improved D should be able to handle them. If you'd said on August first we'd make it out of the first quarter of the season 3-1 we'd all have been ecstatic.

problem is We're 2 - 1 and the "hard" part of the schedule hasn't started yet. Atlanta win ... or any win we weren't necessary supposed to win is going to be huge for playoff chances this year imo.

problem is We're 2 - 1 and the "hard" part of the schedule hasn't started yet. Atlanta win ... or any win we weren't necessary supposed to win is going to be huge for playoff chances this year imo.

The first 4 games was the hard part going in. 2-2 is really all they need. 3-1 will be great.

Panthers at Saints is not hard. Steelers (don't look as tough after losing to Bears) at Pack is tough but we have the talent to win in Lambeau. Plus a bye to prepare for Steelers.

Then it's much easier in second half.

Last edited:
The first 4 games was the hard part going in. 2-2 is really all they need. 3-1 will be great.

Panthers at Saints is not hard. Steelers (don't look as tough after losing to Bears) at Pack is tough but we have the talent to win in Lambeau. Plus a bye to prepare for Steelers.

Then it's much easier in second half.

the 0-3 giants and 1-2 ARI is not the hard part of the schedule you dufus lol. Where do you come up with this shit?

I would say the saints away, PIT then GB away is probably the worst part of the schedule followed by back to back road games in BAL and TB. The good news is were scoring more points so far this year which is primarily because the defense is taking the ball away more often then last year.

the 0-3 giants and 1-2 ARI is not the hard part of the schedule you dufus lol. Where do you come up with this shit?

I would say the saints away, PIT then GB away is probably the worst part of the schedule followed by back to back road games in BAL and TB. The good news is were scoring more points so far this year which is primarily because the defense is taking the ball away more often then last year.

going into the season it was. Lions made it look easy

Saints are terrible. Steelers lost to bears. Pack look more beatable than ever this year.

Lions are too good to have hard parts of the schedule

They called it a TD on the field for Dallas. Like you said you couldn't see the ball cross the line, because you couldn't see the ball you couldn't overturn it to say it didn't, that's why they stuck with the call on the field.

Back to Tate. What about this picture makes you think he isn't down?
nvcz94.jpg

In the Dallas situation, it's plain as day. You're right. We don't see the ball cross the line. That's a reversal IMO but I see your point.

The Tate call? There's a Atlanta helmet partially blocking Tate's knee. Call should have stood IMO. It's too close...

Not too many people gave us a shot against Arizona, NY and Atlanta. A lot of experts had us at 1-4 the first 5 games.

Not too many people gave us a shot against Arizona, NY and Atlanta. A lot of experts had us at 1-4 the first 5 games.

Some jizz stain for USA Today I think had us finishing 5-11. I want to fart in his Tupperware lunch container and close the lid.

Back