Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Game

Avoided the board all night and had to fight the urge to come on and say how badly Frey sucks. Not only does he suck but he's also a f'n moron. Actually the fact that he's a moron is a big part of why he sucks. He's fast but I've never seen someone overpursue more than this kid and to get that penalty at any point in a game is bad but at this stage it's simply inexcusable and he clearly did that on purpose.

Otherwise great win. This Bachie kid is for real and both Dowells played really well. If not for the 3rd qtr weather and field position, I think the offense could have done more and maybe Michigan doesn't get that short field TD. Didn't matter in the end but made the game a bit more tense.

Last edited:
I watched the game with my dad and said in the beginning that Frey makes one good play and then will do the stupidest thing you have ever seen. I hate to say I was right in that point of the game.

I watched the game with my dad and said in the beginning that Frey makes one good play and then will do the stupidest thing you have ever seen. I hate to say I was right in that point of the game.

Agreed but the good plays don't make up for all the bonehead crap he does. Almost gave up a TD on that whiff in 2q. Thank god the safety mad ethe stop.

Well well well, what do we have here? Fuck yes, gutsy game!

Dantonio owns Michigan 8-3 vs them.

Agreed. His errors are often just as costly as fumbles. He's makes occasional nice solo tackles but a lot of his good plays are clean up plays where the line or someone like bacjie makes the initial play.

I said all last year that Frey and Riley were our achilles.

Worst LB tandem in Dantonio's tenure. I'm not sure which one was Dumb and which was Dumber. Hard to say they were the Achilles though, that entire defense sucked from the vastly overrated and unbelievably lazy and uninspired McDowell to the horrendous secondary. I guess we had a couple decent lineman but half of them are facing serious criminal charges. And let's no talk forget the offense. The whole team was one giant Achilles heal.

Worst LB tandem in Dantonio's tenure. I'm not sure which one was Dumb and which was Dumber. Hard to say they were the Achilles though, that entire defense sucked from the vastly overrated and unbelievably lazy and uninspired McDowell to the horrendous secondary. I guess we had a couple decent lineman but half of them are facing serious criminal charges. And let's no talk forget the offense. The whole team was one giant Achilles heal.

It said a lot last year how the defense looked a lot better when McDowell was out. Frey is a good player, just has to be smarter.

And Bachie is a special talent. Higher potential than any LB we've had in a long while.

So we will if they can follow this up, but I might have to adjust my expectations a bit for this team. The loss to ND looks bad but without the turnovers that game could have looked quite a bit different. And it looks like ND is actually pretty good since their 1 loss is by 1 point to Georgia who as it turns out is really, really good.

Or maybe it all just means UM was really overrated.

It said a lot last year how the defense looked a lot better when McDowell was out. Frey is a good player, just has to be smarter.

And Bachie is a special talent. Higher potential than any LB we've had in a long while.

I think Bachie has potential to go down as an all time great Spartan LB. I wouldn't say Frey is a good player. He has some tools like speed and aggressiveness but he is a moron and he's undersized. He constantly takes himself out of plays or makes stupid meathead mistakes like the the PF last night. He's not Aaron Jackson meathead stupid but the mistakes he makes outweigh the occasional good play.

Last edited:
So we will if they can follow this up, but I might have to adjust my expectations a bit for this team. The loss to ND looks bad but without the turnovers that game could have looked quite a bit different. And it looks like ND is actually pretty good since their 1 loss is by 1 point to Georgia who as it turns out is really, really good.

Or maybe it all just means UM was really overrated.

I don't think ND is any better than us and I think the penalties were more detrimental than the turnovers. Other than their first I don't think there was a single scoring drive that wasn't extended by a critical 3rd down penalty. Of course most or all of those drives started with turnovers so they probably need cut down on both to win. The main point is I don't think they outplayed us - I said after the game that I given ND zero credit for that wins. It was pretty even other than the penalties and turnovers.

I will also point out that the commentators last night spent a lot of time on how young of a team Michigan is. I think they forgot to look at the other side and see just how young MSU is. I don't think I have ever seen so many freshmen making plays on defense. I think Josiah Scott is a true frosh (I could be wrong) but I am telling you right now that he is the next all American. I called Trae Wayne's, and I also said the same about Copeland unfortunetly he was never the same player after his neck injury. There is a lot of young talent on this team playing with a lot of freedom and passion. It's nice to watch.

I will also point out that the commentators last night spent a lot of time on how young of a team Michigan is. I think they forgot to look at the other side and see just how young MSU is. I don't think I have ever seen so many freshmen making plays on defense. I think Josiah Scott is a true frosh (I could be wrong) but I am telling you right now that he is the next all American. I called Trae Wayne's, and I also said the same about Copeland unfortunetly he was never the same player after his neck injury. There is a lot of young talent on this team playing with a lot of freedom and passion. It's nice to watch.

Scott is a true freshman. He is playing at close to All American level right now. Statistically he's one of the top corners in the country. He was on the receivers like glue. Beat true freshman corner I have seen in the Big Ten.

A really good road win that I didnt expect. Not sure why LJ Scott was out but he has been a bust this year. 5 turnovers was the clincher. I say it year after year but we have to open the fucking playbook. Running between tackles 9-10 plays for a 2 yard avg isnt going to work most of the time. We decide to run a jail break and london scores. After that it was trying to hold on for the entire second half. Dantonio only played to win 1-2 years out of 8. For being young the defense looks pretty good. Happy with the win, perpetually annoyed with the super conservative, predictable play calls every game.

Congratulations to MSU and the posters here on a well-earned win on Saturday. Ms OL could not protect the QB, because of the MSU pass rush. To me, that was the key to victory. That, and the play of Lewerke, who demonstrated poise and took care of the football.

Congratulations to MSU and the posters here on a well-earned win on Saturday. Ms OL could not protect the QB, because of the MSU pass rush. To me, that was the key to victory. That, and the play of Lewerke, who demonstrated poise and took care of the football.

Both teams played very aggressively on defense - it was going to come down to who could take advantage at the right time. The 2nd half weather meant a lot less opportunities for that. Getting that lead in the 1st half was huge.

Back