Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Y?all need to chill.

the entire 3rd quarter was played in heavy downpour, we were also going into strong winds AND started several of our drives in horrible field position with a 2 score lead. Not too hard to figure out we were going to be running the ball. We may not have gotten any first downs in the 3rd quarter and only one (or was it 2) in the 4th but that had a lot more to do with the weather (also the clock and the score) than it did with any adjustments uofm's D made at halftime. Our OC sucks and needs to go but I'd take 3-and-outs, trying to flip the field and pitting our D against your O in those conditions over a rash of interceptions any day of the week.

Both offenses have been trash for weeks. Keep thinking 14 and 17 point's will win you games and it will come back to bite you. Just like with the Lions turnovers dry up and so do short fields for the offense . I stand by what I said. Both teams need to be better on offense to beat alot of other teams in the big ten and beyond.

MSU didn't need to score in the 2nd half. They turtled and it worked. Might've been interesting to see how the MSU O would've done in the 2nd half if they had needed to actually play, but they didn't have to. They were content to run it 3 times and punt. It worked.

Okorn is terrible. But i think you have to lose 1 more game before you make the change for the future. You can still get pretty far as 1 loss team. See how far this deense can get you. The offense was done the second Black went down. Im hoping Mccaffrey is the "future" and i dont think you want to lose his red shirt this season....its not going to make a difference on the scoreboard. Lose 1 more game and sure....toss Peters in there.

We should have moved Bredeson to RT during the bye. Let Runyan start at LG. Cole, Runyan, Kugler, Onwenu, and Bredeson would be better than watching the turnstile at RT. Ulizio and JBB can't block anyone.

That's not true. 2 of those turnovers were forced by good plays from players going for the ball. That's not luck. And the interceptions were due to a moron calling pass plays in pouring rain. That's not luck either, particularly the second Dowell pick - that was a bad throw but still a nice, tough catch by dowell.

Right. Stats are wrong. The 5 turnovers are indicative of qualities of these teams that we should expect to continue.

state got lucky pretty much everywhere...

the 2nd fumble... hit right on the ball as McKeon was going down.

that long completion that lead to their 2nd TD, ... a shitty throw deflected right to their WR.

that muffed punt went straight backward, away from the punt coverage...

despite like 2-3 late hits on O'Korn, they FINALLY call PF on MSU... AFTER he throws a pick.

and we still only lost by 4. if our playcalling wasn't phoned in from Ann Arbor Pioneer's special ed dept, we could've won easily. rain or no rain.

state got lucky pretty much everywhere...

the 2nd fumble... hit right on the ball as McKeon was going down.

that long completion that lead to their 2nd TD, ... a shitty throw deflected right to their WR.

that muffed punt went straight backward, away from the punt coverage...

despite like 2-3 late hits on O'Korn, they FINALLY call PF on MSU... AFTER he throws a pick.

and we still only lost by 4. if our playcalling wasn't phoned in from Ann Arbor Pioneer's special ed dept, we could've won easily. rain or no rain.

Get real, we sat on an 11 pt lead for 3 qtr's because your offense is trash. The only thing that would've lost that game for them is turnovers so they played smart and let your offense hang themselves. Which they did in hilarious fashion

Get real, we sat on an 11 pt lead for 3 qtr's because your offense is trash. The only thing that would've lost that game for them is turnovers so they played smart and let your offense hang themselves. Which they did in hilarious fashion

Shhhh, never interrupt someone in the Bargaining stage of the grief process. He'll just chalk it up as a non win pretty soon.

First half was a whooping with good weather. Luckily for UM the weather got bad so MSU played it safe to avoid turnovers or it could have been an ugly score 31-3 or 28-6. 3 runs up the gut and a punt and they think their D was great to stop that in the weather, LOL.

Shhhh, never interrupt someone in the Bargaining stage of the grief process. He'll just chalk it up as a non win pretty soon.

First half was a whooping with good weather. Luckily for UM the weather got bad so MSU played it safe to avoid turnovers or it could have been an ugly score 31-3 or 28-6. 3 runs up the gut and a punt and they think their D was great to stop that in the weather, LOL.

These kinds of arguments are ridiculous! "Oh they would have scored more, but they didn't have to so they didn't". Seriously? You seriously think that Dantonio and the rest of the coaches got together at halftime and decided not to try to score more points? Talk about delusional!

These kinds of arguments are ridiculous! "Oh they would have scored more, but they didn't have to so they didn't". Seriously? You seriously think that Dantonio and the rest of the coaches got together at halftime and decided not to try to score more points? Talk about delusional!

I'm sure they would've welcomed more points, but they didn't want to try at the expense of turnovers. They played it safe because everyone knows that your offense is a shit show. Perfect game plan by a great coach. It's understandable if you don't recognize both of those things. But hey, your guy is killing the sleepover, shirtless tree climbing part of coaching. So there's that

I'm sure they would've welcomed more points, but they didn't want to try at the expense of turnovers. They played it safe because everyone knows that your offense is a shit show. Perfect game plan by a great coach. It's understandable if you don't recognize both of those things. But hey, your guy is killing the sleepover, shirtless tree climbing part of coaching. So there's that

Well we were behind 14-10. I wish would had kept running it and played fp but you have try and win sometime I guess .throw, throw throw lol in a monsoon! !!

Back