Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ebron

What should we do with Ebron

• Keep him, let him play

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Bench him

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Trade him

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Cut him

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
2 best TEs in the league....Gronk 2nd round pick. Kelce 3rd rd pick. Evan Engram....0 catches on a day OBJ and Brandon Marshall both are hurt for the year. Who the fuck is OJ Howard? nuff said about these "receiving" TEs.

Still think Howard is going to be a good one. The Giants just can't do anything right at the moment

Still think Howard is going to be a good one. The Giants just can't do anything right at the moment

I just have a hard time naming a "receiving" TE that produces at a 1st rd level. Njoku cant get a catch on a team that sucks and has no receiving talent.

And a whole mess of mocks had Det taking a TE in the first round this year. Heads would have exploded. Njoku I think was listed the most.

I just have a hard time naming a "receiving" TE that produces at a 1st rd level. Njoku cant get a catch on a team that sucks and has no receiving talent.

Engram leads that team in targets I believe and Njoku is playing well for a team that is pure garbage.

What are your guys thoughts on him now? I think he's playing well, but his role is limited. Higher workload would bring back his old issues. Definitely not worth what we're paying him if we don't trust or don't think he's suited for a bigger role

Better catch rate lately, but he’s not targeted much (4 targets or less in 4 of the last 5 games), which looks even worse because the Lions have been playing from behind a lot. He’s also playing in just above 50% snaps this season. At the end of the day he’s still a one-dimensional TE that they barely throw to, there’s a lot that takes away from his value and little that adds to it. There’s no point in keeping him if a cheap deal can’t be agreed upon, it’s not worth it for the Lions.

I hope he gets a nice deal for a team that plans to use him more, at least he would have a chance to either make an impact or flame out.

10 to Marvin, 10 to Tate, 5 to Golladay, 5 to Riddick, 5 to TJ Jones/backup tight ends, 5 to Ebron. That is 40 throws in a game.

40 per game is 640 attempts which is high (would have been 3rd in 2016)

Last edited:
10 to Marvin, 10 to Tate, 5 to Golladay, 5 to Riddick, 5 to TJ Jones/backup tight ends, 5 to Ebron. That is 40 throws in a game.

Dayyum. Is there even a point in grabbing a known TE,? Not enough balls to go around

no way you target both Jones and Tate 10 times a game. In 2016, there were only 2 WRs in the NFL that averaged 10 targets a game (Evans & OBJ)

no way you target both Jones and Tate 10 times a game. In 2016, there were only 2 WRs in the NFL that averaged 10 targets a game (Evans & OBJ)

They are good enough for 10 targets a game. Could have one at 8 and Ebron at 7. Depends on the matchups and play calls and who executes on O and D

Ebron playing better lately. Some big first downs. Not worth 8 million in 2018 but they could work on a long term deal for less

40 yards a game is not impressive. Add in very few end zone catches, and that he can't block. It's like my HS grade which went from a D- to a D. It still sucked.

40 yards per game is 12th for tight end yards in 2016. Ebron had that beat. We'll see how he finishes in 2017

40 yards per game is 12th for tight end yards in 2016. Ebron had that beat. We'll see how he finishes in 2017

But he's 18th when you add the shit shit games (20th YPG). You have shit, and then you have the shit shit games. Or as I like to call them the Ebron double shit games.

Ebron has been playing well. 4-5 targets is about right given the other weapon we have. We'll see how he finishes and if he gets a long term deal

A 1st round receiving TE in his fourth year is not top 10 in any receiving stat for TEs.

Good job Mayhew

Ebron has been playing well. 4-5 targets is about right given the other weapon we have. We'll see how he finishes and if he gets a long term deal

All those weapons that put up 0 points in the 1st quarters of games? Oh, those weapons :)

Last edited:
Back