Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Lions @ Saints Thread

Yeah for sure. Lucky ass team. How dare they basically break the offensive line down in less than a second and get their hands up and deflect passes?

Only one person in the universe can say a team getting up 45-10 is lucky. We are talking with him.

yeah for sure. Lucky ass team. How dare they basically break the offensive line down in less than a second and get their hands up and deflect passes?

Only one person in the universe can say a team getting up 45-10 is lucky. We are talking with him.

they are lucky stafford was hurt so he couldn't change the throwing lanes. They are lucky the balls somehow went right to lattimore and jordan got the craziest floating bounce off a tip super close

we lost by 14 not 35. Lions dominated to come back. No luck in the domination

Last edited:
Let the league know that the Lions dominated. Maybe they'll change the result.

By the way, not sure if you understand how football works at all. If not, here's a clue. Generally, when teams are up substantially like, let's say 45-10... Ready for this one? Their defenses go into full-blown prevent mode and completely let off the gas.

Let the league know that the Lions dominated. Maybe they'll change the result.

By the way, not sure if you understand how football works at all. If not, here's a clue. Generally, when teams are up substantially like, let's say 45-10... Ready for this one? Their defenses go into full-blown prevent mode and completely let off the gas.

The Saints didn't let off the gas. Their offense tried, their defense tried in the 3rd Quarter. Lions came back with lots of time to play. Robinson and Agnew made great plays. Lions roared back then the Saints got the final lucky tip after they were LUCKY that Agnew muffed the ball.

And in the first half Lions got into the red zone and missed a FG as well. The ball was moved all day. That's 20 first half points on the table if you are keeping score at home.

Lions 5 punts, 5 turnovers
Saints 7 punts and 3 turnovers.

10 drives each of the opposing offense stopped

Last edited:
The Lions moved the ball in similar fashion as the rest of the year. 4.6 yards per play. BTW...that is 29th in the NFL. The offense sucks

The Lions moved the ball in similar fashion as the rest of the year. 4.6 yards per play. BTW...that is 29th in the NFL. The offense sucks

The offense is very injured. Oline and backups (Dahl, Kerin, Robinson). Stafford, D Washington, Golladay, Tate

Healthy at the bye and the Lions offense dominates. Detroit is 7th in PPG offense by the way. I was told several times that is what matters. Points (even with aid of ST/D)

The offense is very injured. Oline and backups (Dahl, Kerin, Robinson). Stafford, D Washington, Golladay, Tate

Healthy at the bye and the Lions offense dominates. Detroit is 7th in PPG offense by the way. I was told several times that is what matters. Points (even with aid of ST/D)

yes...points are what matters the most...but you were talking about the Lions moving the ball.

BTW...the Lions defense is ranked 26th in PPG

I have no idea why you guys continue to argue with him. Isnt it mind numbing having the same argument again and again and again........

He's basically LaVar Ball. Like Ball, everyone is entitled to their own dumbass opinion.....but the fact people keep feeding into it is what keeps it going. Ignore LKP and he goes away. He'd find another board where people argue back.....because its the arguing that gets him off.

Like Metallica said.......sad but true.

yes...points are what matters the most...but you were talking about the Lions moving the ball.

BTW...the Lions defense is ranked 26th in PPG

Due to fluke turnovers for points. 52 in one of 6 games will do that to it. Very happy with the defense even missing Ngata, Hyder, Davis 2 games and Quin in the second half.

Lions moved the ball on plenty of drives. Plenty of long drives. 38 points (24 offensive with a missed FG and stop in red zone). Pretty good considering all the injuries and that the insane amount of Saints DPI that wasn't called

Last edited:
That's why I ask the question. I personally think we're too banged up. Nobody is fucking healthy on our team and I don't wanna hear "well, everyone is hurt in the NFL". That aint cuttin it!!! Injuries are piling on like widfire right now. When does it end??? We're set to take the North because of Rodgers being out??? Horseshit!

The only people we've lost for extended time is Decker, Hyder and Golladay. After that its been a bunch of minor injuries and a game here n there. Overall, that stacks up pretty favorably when youre talking about some of the major injuries in the NFC North. Min lost their qb and starting RB. So Keenum goes out and leads the north in qb rating. Aka....they figure it out.

The only people we've lost for extended time is Decker, Hyder and Golladay. After that its been a bunch of minor injuries and a game here n there. Overall, that stacks up pretty favorably when youre talking about some of the major injuries in the NFC North. Min lost their qb and starting RB. So Keenum goes out and leads the north in qb rating. Aka....they figure it out.

Decker is a huge one. You forgot Ngata. Davis for 2 games. Swanson 2 games with backup guards hurt too and moves Glasgow. 1/3 of the season so far. Hyder was big but then Zettel stepped up
Tate and Quin second half Saints. Tate is a few weeks.

Golladay and D Washington had roles

Lang out a game and both the backup guards are on IR

Martin on NFI. Hill had a role at DT.

Stafford, Ansah and Wagner all banged up pretty badly.

Lions most injured team in the league.

The Vikings didn't figure it out the last two weeks. They played a Bears team who is more injured than them with Trubisky in his first start and a Packers team that lost Aaron Rodgers. Vikings are pretty healthy (especially on D) even with QB and Cook and Diggs injury. Lions have way more injuries all over the place and played two healthier teams in Panthers and Saints compared to injured Bears and Packers

Last edited:

I'm not bagging on Quinn with this reply.....but the Vikings have GREAT depth at the two positions you mentioned. Credit to their GM for that.

We're adding/developing depth....but it takes time.

10 games left. Bye comes at the perfect time. These next two weeks, to me, define whether we have shit coaches or decent coaches. Are we going to come out against Pittsburgh on Sunday night and start slow, get behind like usual with two weeks to prepare, or are we going to figure out a few things?

Should have Golladay back....hopefully Quin and a decently healthy OL. I agree with Hughes on this......figure it out. Right now. Go get a WR asap so he has two weeks to learn. I've said numerous times I want Goodwin from SF. He would come cheap and offers us a dimension we don't have. Bryant might be available as well.

I'm not bagging on Quinn with this reply.....but the Vikings have GREAT depth at the two positions you mentioned. Credit to their GM for that.

10 games left. Bye comes at the perfect time. These next two weeks, to me, define whether we have shit coaches or decent coaches. Are we going to come out against Pittsburgh on Sunday night and start slow, get behind like usual with two weeks to prepare, or are we going to figure out a few things?

Should have Golladay back....hopefully Quin and a decently healthy OL. I agree with Hughes on this......figure it out. Right now. Go get a WR asap so he has two weeks to learn. I've said numerous times I want Goodwin from SF. He would come cheap and offers us a dimension we don't have. Bryant might be available as well.

I agree with you guys . I think it's critical afrer this bye week to beat both Pittsburgh and green bay. Or at worse be 4-4 . Vikings have the Ravens and Browns next so they may be 6-2 after eight games baring a upset . Oh can we ever get a big lead and not gave to play catch up !!!

Last edited:
I agree with you guys . I think it's critical afrer this bye week to beat both Pittsburgh and green bay. Or at worse be 4-4 . Vikings have the Ravens and Browns next so they may be 6-2 after eight games baring a upset . Oh can we ever get a big lead and not gave to play catch up !!!

Vikings have some tough games in second half including at Detroit to catch up

Lions had the division lead in 2013 and 2016.

Ive given quinn nothing but praise....but to think youre ok with Hyder and Ansah going into the season at DE....that was just as stupid as when mayhew thought we were ok at safety with an injured Delmas and Carey starting for us.

Hyder was a 1 year wonder and Ansah has been garbage since his reoccuring, nagging taking 2.5 years to get better injury plagued seasons. Hes like Levy v2.0 right now.

Something should have been done to get a better pass rush this off season.

Im sure LKP will being up how we were once a top 10 team in sacks after 3 weeks...you know...back when we played the 2 worst offensive lines in football. And ill tell you weve done squat since then. So lets just not even go there.

Hyder was good. Zettel does well and he has been banged up. Ngata is on IR. Hill on IR. Lots of pass rush went on IR or is banged up.

Washington solid but he missed the last game. Ansah banged up. Knee got worse.

Quin added Washington, Hill, Spence, Ledbetter. All solid players. Robinson does more year 2 and has. But Ngata, Hyder and Ansah all hurt.

Went LB and future at CB. Used the cap space on Oline which Wagner and Lang are good. Decker got hurt and Swanson hurt/regressed. Glasgow is average at best. Good Oline but not healthy enough.

So what if they're minor injuries? Missed games are adding up. That's huge right now. And it's not a guy a role player or STs guy. These are #1 guys dropping like flies.
As for Case Keenum? Good for him! He took control of a desheveled Packers team that just lost their best player. That D in Minnesota took care of Hundley and the boys with ease. Let's not crown Keenum just yet...give me a break lol

Ive given quinn nothing but praise....but to think youre ok with Hyder and Ansah going into the season at DE....that was just as stupid as when mayhew thought we were ok at safety with an injured Delmas and Carey starting for us.

Hyder was a 1 year wonder and Ansah has been garbage since his reoccuring, nagging taking 2.5 years to get better injury plagued seasons. Hes like Levy v2.0 right now.

Something should have been done to get a better pass rush this off season.

Im sure LKP will being up how we were once a top 10 team in sacks after 3 weeks...you know...back when we played the 2 worst offensive lines in football. And ill tell you weve done squat since then. So lets just not even go there.

LB corp was atrocious as well. You can't fill every need.

Back