Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Example of Trump being unpresidential

I liked the sound byte I heard this morning about letting the ACA fail and that he and the Republicans aren't going to own it. Sorry to inform you buddy, but you can't really dictate what you own. I'm sure his lunatic base will vote Republican no matter what, but if Obamacare does implode (and the trump admin is helping that process along by not enforcing the mandate and not making timely payments to insurance companies) I think ownership will be determined by voters booting the republicans out of congress.

I liked the sound byte I heard this morning about letting the ACA fail and that he and the Republicans aren't going to own it. Sorry to inform you buddy, but you can't really dictate what you own. I'm sure his lunatic base will vote Republican no matter what, but if Obamacare does implode (and the trump admin is helping that process along by not enforcing the mandate and not making timely payments to insurance companies) I think ownership will be determined by voters booting the republicans out of congress.

there's no way they DON'T make payments to insurers... the entire Republican party - and most of the Democrats - are in power solely to ensure public money flows to businesses like that.

there's no way they DON'T make payments to insurers... the entire Republican party - and most of the Democrats - are in power solely to ensure public money flows to businesses like that.

Insurers seem to think it will/could happen (or they're going to use the threat to raise premiums, which would not be surprising).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthcare-insurers-idUSKBN1A32HT

I heard on the radio yesterday that the July payment was late, no mention of that in the article.

Last edited:
Insurers seem to think it will/could happen (or they're going to use the threat to raise premiums, which would not be surprising).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthcare-insurers-idUSKBN1A32HT

I heard on the radio yesterday that the July payment was late, no mention of that in the article.

I still think it's political theatre. if Trump & Republicans cut off the gravy train to health insurers just so they can turn around and give billionaires that money in the form of a tax cut that will result in ALL the healthcare lobbying dollars going to the Democrats. There's little chance they give that up.

Today's Example: Trump publicly blasts his own AG - not because the man is a racist Dixiecrat slimeball who just endorsed the government's ridiculously harsh asset forfeiture policies, but because he recused himself from the stupid Russia investigation.

Don't get me wrong: sacking Sessions would be a good thing, but this is for the wrong reason. Also, I learned the hard way long ago to fear change when the ones making the change are grossly incompetent, selfish, and bad. Trump will somehow manage to find someone just as bad as Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, if not worse.

Had some creepy ass speech today about the boy scouts. Need more loyalty, basically got them to boo Obama.

Honestly, he's going to go down as potentially the worst president in the history of the office.

Had some creepy ass speech today about the boy scouts. Need more loyalty, basically got them to boo Obama.

Honestly, he's going to go down as potentially the worst president in the history of the office.

And it will not even be close. Hopefully he doesn't take us all down with him.. He is one terrible human being..

Here's a link to the transcript of his speech to the Boy Scouts (sorry for linking to Time magazine).

he starts out by bragging about his election win (which was NINE months ago), before saying that no one should be talking about politics while addressing the Boy Scouts, then getting in a brief dig about "fake news." He manages to avoid talking politics for about 2-3 paragraphs before jumping right back into politics by bragging about how most of his cabinet were Boy Scouts, and then slamming "Obamacare"! This idiot can't even help
himself. I stopped reading at that point.

What a worthless jackass

He's completely delusional.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/trump-youngstown-ohio-campaign-rally/index.html

Quote: "It is much easier to act presidential than what we are doing here tonight, believe me," Trump said. "With the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any president that's ever held this office."
"I think that with few exceptions, no president has done anywhere near what we've done in his first six months. Not even close,"
he added.

Are you fucking kidding me?

He's completely delusional.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/trump-youngstown-ohio-campaign-rally/index.html

Quote: "It is much easier to act presidential than what we are doing here tonight, believe me," Trump said. "With the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any president that's ever held this office."
"I think that with few exceptions, no president has done anywhere near what we've done in his first six months. Not even close,"
he added.

Are you fucking kidding me?

He is a delusional idiot who is trying to ruin this country and he probably will succeed with his brain-dead followers sadly.

add calling the White House "a dump" to the list.

I mean its no Trump Taj Mahal, but come on.

I still think it's political theatre. if Trump & Republicans cut off the gravy train to health insurers just so they can turn around and give billionaires that money in the form of a tax cut that will result in ALL the healthcare lobbying dollars going to the Democrats. There's little chance they give that up.

huh. I guess they'll go for broke on that.

Deficits don't matter after all.

huh. I guess they'll go for broke on that.

Deficits don't matter after all.

If we're in a generous mood and want to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, it's very possible that he's just forcing the Democrats hand when it comes to negotiating the debt ceiling in December, adding something that they HAVE to demand, which will weaken their standing in other areas. If this really is the case, it's nice that Trump is so willing to use our dollars (assuming our premiums will get increased to offset the uncertainty) as poker chips.

Speaking of the deficit, I wonder how much it grew thanks to the decrease in price of healthcare stocks. I hope it wasn't too substantial.

I guess this goes here: man rescued from five (5) years of Taliban captivity didn't believe Trump was president (link):
One of the captors told Boyle the new U.S. president was Donald Trump before he was forced to make a ?proof-of-life? video. ?It didn?t enter my mind that he was being serious,? he said.

I was surprised he still wanted to be rescued after learning it was true, but then I saw he's Canadian, so Trump isn't actually his president.

Today's Example.

not that calling and comforting the families of servicemen and women killed overseas should be "easy" so-to-speak, but leave it to Trump to fuck it up like this... boasting to one father he'd send him a check, and telling a wife her husband "knew what he signed up for" ... and in long-established Trump manner, later denying it (through a spokesman of course).

In his call with Trump, Baldridge, a construction worker, expressed frustration with the military's survivor benefits program. Because his ex-wife was listed as their son's beneficiary, she was expected to receive the Pentagon's $100,000 death gratuity - even though "I can barely rub two nickels together," he told Trump.

WTF? He's pissed because he didn't get the $100K?

In his call with Trump, Baldridge, a construction worker, expressed frustration with the military's survivor benefits program. Because his ex-wife was listed as their son's beneficiary, she was expected to receive the Pentagon's $100,000 death gratuity - even though "I can barely rub two nickels together," he told Trump.

WTF? He's pissed because he didn't get the $100K?

presumably their benefit forms let you designate joint beneficiaries.

assuming so, his father's statement seems revealing as to maybe why his son didn't want to leave him any money.

still... Trump offered him $25k, bragged about it to him, then apparently didn't follow through until reporters contacted the White House about it.

Lesson here for those who still haven't learned it: if at this stage you have a meeting with Trump - about literally ANYTHING - bring a voice recorder. or a court reporter.

Back