Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

Justin Verlander since joining the @Astros at the very last second on August 31 deadline:
9-0, 1.23 ERA, 67 strikeouts, 11 walks.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21097045
Justin Verlander's Game 6 gem gets the Jack Morris seal of approval.
espn

Verlander joined Bob Gibson, Curt Schilling and Sandy Koufax as the fourth pitcher to strike out at least 20 Yankees in a postseason series. With his 11th postseason victory, he moved into a fifth-place tie with Schilling and Greg Maddux on the career list. And he passed Randy Johnson and moved into sixth place with 136 postseason strikeouts.
Verlander's 1.21 ERA in elimination games ranks second in MLB history to San Francisco's Madison Bumgarner.

Last edited:
They talked on the broadcast last night how the Astros basically fixed JV's slider after watching one bullpen session and using their high def replay system to find the mechanical flaw.

The Tigers couldn't figure that out I guess....

They talked on the broadcast last night how the Astros basically fixed JV's slider after watching one bullpen session and using their high def replay system to find the mechanical flaw.

Maybe the Astros should sign Sanchez in the offseason, and fix his mechanics, since the Tigers are so inept at that stuff.

The Astros haven't ruled out bringing JV in to pitch an inning in relief, should it become advantageous or necessary during Game 7. But doing so may affect what game(s) that he starts in the WS vs Dodgers, should they win the AL Pennant.

So they fixed it why still being with the Tigers because the slider was fixed well before he got to Houston. Maybe people forget he was dealing before he got traded..

The Astros haven't ruled out bringing JV in to pitch an inning in relief, should it become advantageous or necessary during Game 7. But doing so may affect what game(s) that he starts in the WS vs Dodgers, should they win the AL Pennant.

Can't win the WS without getting there.

Verlander said the Astros had a shitload of analytic info and he looked at all of it, saw what they had compared to the basically nothing from the Tigers analytics dept. and proceeded to add it all into his arsenal. Hence his numbers.
His slider has become an out pitch absolutely filthy.

Verlander said the Astros had a shitload of analytic info and he looked at all of it, saw what they had compared to the basically nothing from the Tigers analytics dept. and proceeded to add it all into his arsenal. Hence his numbers.
His slider has become an out pitch absolutely filthy.

Exactly. Really depressing how out of touch with the times our franchise is.

If anything maybe Chris I. will see this article and do something about it.

Chris and the Tigers braintrust could go back to overpaying FAs to sign here like the late Pater Mike Ilitch had.

oh, wait...

While I'll miss JV in the old english D, I realized last night that no matter which teams he plays for, I feel an immense sense of pride when he once again proves to the entire world, that the New York Yankees are absolutely his BITCH.

While I'll miss JV in the old english D, I realized last night that no matter which teams he plays for, I feel an immense sense of pride when he once again proves to the entire world, that the New York Yankees are absolutely his BITCH.

Tigers are paying nearly a third of JV's salary until '20, so we fans are essentially and indirectly invested in his success both emotionally and financially.

If I owned the Tigers franchise, the next 3 years would be spent completely overhauling the FO, farm system personnel/MiLB coaching staff, and scouting department.

If I owned the Tigers franchise, the next 3 years would be spent completely overhauling the FO, farm system personnel/MiLB coaching staff, and scouting department.

You're preaching to the choir brother.

Justin Verlander joins John Smoltz as the only pitchers to make three scoreless starts when facing elimination in MLB postseason history.

Back