Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden '16

boogerlovejoy

10 Days and counting......

Just something about that game. Every year I swear I'm not going to buy it.....but by late August I can't wait for it to come out.

It has it's flaws.....as any game does.......but the online play is still pretty damn fun.

Oh, and the Lions will be STACKED this year (Madden wise, that is). CJ, Tate, Abdullah, a better OL and a good defense. Can't wait!

Last edited:
I do the same thing with FIFA, but I played maybe 5-10 games and put it away. Sports games in general have really found their way out of my library. It was a huge thing for me in high school and college, but I just don't enjoy the grind anymore sadly.

I do the same thing with FIFA, but I played maybe 5-10 games and put it away. Sports games in general have really found their way out of my library. It was a huge thing for me in high school and college, but I just don't enjoy the grind anymore sadly.

I have done the exact opposite. I was really into final fantasy and different RPG 15 years ago. Now, I ONLY play sports games. For me, the reason being is I like to be able to play, be done, and not have to continue on from a certain point because I don't get to play as frequently as I once did.

Just me.

Anyway.....one week to go!!

Yeah, I bought Witcher and Elder Scrolls Online, and have put about an hour total into both games. They are just so freaking daunting.

I have a ton of great Wii U games that I actually have fun playing. I miss the days of enjoying video games rather than it feeling like a chore.

Last edited:
I was stuck on destiny for way too long. Time to find a new game. Haven't decided if I'm going to get into dragon age, pick up madden. ...or just wait for star wars.

I'm waiting a couple days for Metal Gear 5. Those are always must-buy, and the reviews have been absolutely off the chart.

I was stuck on destiny for way too long. Time to find a new game. Haven't decided if I'm going to get into dragon age, pick up madden. ...or just wait for star wars.

Only a week in.....haven't had too much time to play.....but they actually seemed to have improved the game play quite a bit. QB's aren't all ridiculously accurate on every throw....running game is pretty spot on.....cant just run to the outside every play. Players speed has been adjusted......not nearly as many 98 speed guys out there. Calvin is only an 89 speed!!! BLASPHOMY!!!

only big issue so far......way way to many drops from WR. They adjusted it so you can control each catch with a possession catch, a "catch and run" catch or high point the ball in the air. Seems like if you don't possession catch everything you'll drop it. Maybe I just need to get better at it, but it seems a bit skewed.

Good game, though. Much better than last years.

Year 3 without Madden. They just don't improve enough. The game was best when they had a competitor, NFL2K. Bring back NFL2K and Madden will be good again.

Edit: And make it for the PC again..

Last edited:
I havent bought it yet. But will, Never missed a Madden game entire life.

However, my buddy who always rags on Madden said he was impressed with the changes finally.

I was like whatever, I'm buying it anyways.

Only a week in.....haven't had too much time to play.....but they actually seemed to have improved the game play quite a bit. QB's aren't all ridiculously accurate on every throw....running game is pretty spot on.....cant just run to the outside every play. Players speed has been adjusted......not nearly as many 98 speed guys out there. Calvin is only an 89 speed!!! BLASPHOMY!!!

only big issue so far......way way to many drops from WR. They adjusted it so you can control each catch with a possession catch, a "catch and run" catch or high point the ball in the air. Seems like if you don't possession catch everything you'll drop it. Maybe I just need to get better at it, but it seems a bit skewed.

Good game, though. Much better than last years.

You could probably adjust the sliders to fit what you want. I always have, for instance I felt penalties aren't called enough so I upped them for me and the CPU. Or in the past tone down the CPU QB accuracy cause it wasn't realistic.

Wife bought it for me. Just did a fantasy draft and started a franchise. Jameis Winston, leveon bell, martavis bryant and kevin white. Fun!

Madden 16 is only 39.99 across all platforms on Amazon.com today. Deal of the day.

Madden 16 is only 39.99 across all platforms on Amazon.com today. Deal of the day.

I get many games from Amazon's deal of the day. I hate paying 60 bucks for stuff. I just don't know, it's Madden. I always regret it the past few years.

Back