Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Drummond

nsonnett14

So sick of watching this idiot shoot FT'S . Sorry , but you cant build around someone who is such a liability at the end of the game . Not to mention it seems every center he plays against has a monster game . Package him and Jennings and lets go .

Other teams announcers are actually LAUGHING at him ...Fuck this guy , we will never go anywhere with him as our main guy . Trade his ass while we still can

sBgUvj7.gif

Last edited:
Shows how much of a clue you have . This is like having Ben Wallace as our main guy , how do you think the 04 team would have fared in that scenario ?? Guy is a total liability and doesnt play any defense either .

Why do you think teams are figuring out you can't win with Dwight Howard ?

Sonnet, I completely understand the frustration with Drummond. It is really hard to build around a guy with the kind of glaring flaws that he has. Obviously we all would prefer for our star to be a multifaceted threat with few, if any, weaknesses (LeBron, Durant, young Duncan). But we never won the draft lottery. We didn't luck into a surefire superstar that can takeover at any moment.

But he's still impossible to trade. He's the ONLY player on this team with superstar potential. He could be as good as peak Howard, who absolutely was good enough to lead a team to a championship. Not to mention, the trade we want just doesn't exist. Teams with young stars that can do everything, that fit with any team, they simply don't get traded. If we moved Drummond, we would either get multiple lesser pieces, or another equally flawed star.

Sonnet, I completely understand the frustration with Drummond. It is really hard to build around a guy with the kind of glaring flaws that he has. Obviously we all would prefer for our star to be a multifaceted threat with few, if any, weaknesses (LeBron, Durant, young Duncan). But we never won the draft lottery. We didn't luck into a surefire superstar that can takeover at any moment.

But he's still impossible to trade. He's the ONLY player on this team with superstar potential. He could be as good as peak Howard, who absolutely was good enough to lead a team to a championship. Not to mention, the trade we want just doesn't exist. Teams with young stars that can do everything, that fit with any team, they simply don't get traded. If we moved Drummond, we would either get multiple lesser pieces, or another equally flawed star.

Dwight Howard blows , good enough to lead a team to a championship ? Hes been on multiple teams that have superstars around him and they havent done jack shit . Now the Rockets cant wait to get rid of him .

Aaron Baynes plays more than Drummond down the stretch for crying out loud . If that doesnt tell you something right there , then i dont know what will .

He is easily the worst shooter I've ever seen. Somehow they need him to at least shoot 50%, hell shoot them underhand Rick Barry style if it will improve his percentage even a little. I do think the Pistons should take a look and see what they could get for him. I would wait it out a while though, maybe he can improve in the offseason or the league will modify their hack a shaq rules. I'm of the camp that while it is annoying and isn't fun to watch, free throws are a vital part of the game, and if you can't make them then by all means exploit that weakness.

I find it funny that basketball (to my knowledge) is the only sport I can think of where average joes can be better at a facet of the game than a professional. I was never (still not) that great of a player but I could always hit free throws around an 80% clip.

He is easily the worst shooter I've ever seen. Somehow they need him to at least shoot 50%, hell shoot them underhand Rick Barry style if it will improve his percentage even a little. I do think the Pistons should take a look and see what they could get for him. I would wait it out a while though, maybe he can improve in the offseason or the league will modify their hack a shaq rules. I'm of the camp that while it is annoying and isn't fun to watch, free throws are a vital part of the game, and if you can't make them then by all means exploit that weakness.

I find it funny that basketball (to my knowledge) is the only sport I can think of where average joes can be better at a facet of the game than a professional. I was never (still not) that great of a player but I could always hit free throws around an 80% clip.

What is so bothering to me and why i say trade him now , is he is gonna be a RFA and i just know that the Pistons will match any offer . So were looking at another 5 years at around 120 million . No thanks

And again , it isnt just his atrocious FT shooting , he doesnt play any defense and takes too many games off where he looks uninterested .

Sure his FT shooting is awful. But he easily makes up for it in other ways.

Interior defense, defensive and offensive rebounding, put backs, etc

If you focus enough on what a player does that is bad, you of course won't like him. He isn't perfect, but he still is one of the top centers.

Among Centers:
3rd in PPG
1st in RPG
1st in SPG
10th in BPG
1st in ORPG
8th in FG%
Last in FT%

Adam Silver is going to see to ending the hack a whoever move. He's been very outspoken against teams doing it and I can see it changing very soon. We'd be foolish to move Drummond now and have rules go into place next year changing his value.

It should be two foul shots and the ball .. When he was fouled 6 times in 9 seconds, Imo, it was considered intentional. Like the old days when a played intentional fouled a player, 2 shots and the ball. That will end it right there. And then just practice a bit off the summer..

Sure his FT shooting is awful. But he easily makes up for it in other ways.

Interior defense, defensive and offensive rebounding, put backs, etc

If you focus enough on what a player does that is bad, you of course won't like him. He isn't perfect, but he still is one of the top centers.

Among Centers:
3rd in PPG
1st in RPG
1st in SPG
10th in BPG
1st in ORPG
8th in FG%
Last in FT%

I haven't seen Drummond play nearly as much as you guys, but from what I have he seems to be a beast and these numbers among centers show it.
Wilt Chamberlain, Shaq, Howard, probably many more great centers, couldn't or can't shoot free throws at a high percentage.

Here is a link to what Gotime said.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14719848/adam-silver-says-changes-needed-hack-player-rule
Adam Silver says changes needed to 'hack-a-player' rule.

and the opposite view;
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...owner-says-nba-leaving-hacking-strategy-place
Mark Cuban cries foul on proposed change to rules.

22 year old soon to be All-Pro and people wanting to trade the guy because of FT% and someone's 'eye test' that he doesn't 'play hard' on defense. Crazy talk imo, rule change or not.

22 year old soon to be All-Pro and people wanting to trade the guy because of FT% and someone's 'eye test' that he doesn't 'play hard' on defense. Crazy talk imo, rule change or not.

This isnt football , not sure where you get soon to be all pro from . Yea Drummond is so good and so dominating that we use Baynes at the end of games while Drummond sits on the bench .

Again , what has Dwight Howard ever won , why do teams aquire him and then cant wait to get rid of him ? Hmmm .

If they change the rule then maybe id want him , but if they dont change it , and its stupid they have to change a rule because of a few guys , then he needs to go .

How many times does the opposing center eat Drummond up . Robin feeaking Lopez owns him . Whiteside and Gobert dominate him . Watch the games , you will see that every center has big games against him , because he plays zero defense .

Last edited:
This isnt football , not sure where you get soon to be all pro from . Yea Drummond is so good and so dominating that we use Baynes at the end of games while Drummond sits on the bench .

Again , what has Dwight Howard ever won , why do teams aquire him and then cant wait to get rid of him ? Hmmm .

If they change the rule then maybe id want him , but if they dont change it , and its stupid they have to change a rule because of a few guys , then he needs to go .

How many times does the opposing center eat Drummond up . Robin feeaking Lopez owns him . Whiteside and Gobert dominate him . Watch the games , you will see that every center has big games against him , because he plays zero defense .

To be fair he is closing to gap to the guys that were beating him regularly. I say wait it out feel the offers.. see if the rules get changed and go from there.

This is a knee jerk reaction and a terrible argument. You don't move superstar players unless you receive one in return or a #1 pick with the potential to draft one. They're going to fix the hack-a-player strategy this off-season. He's 22 and even when he's on a 5 year, 120 Mil contract, he'll still have tremendous trade value despite the emphasis on small ball. The cap will be 100-110 million and Drummond will be locked down for the foreseeable future with no way to include a no-trade clause in his deal because he doesn't have the necessary amount of years experience in the league. This whole argument of yours is largely flawed and based on personal views rather than facts.

Here's a list of starting centers defensive ratings. Drummond is 9th in the league. There is a trend of all those centers being on better teams than Drummond, particularly at the top of the list.
http://stats.nba.com/league/player/...rPosition=C&StarterBench=Starters&CF=GP*GE*30

List of highest DWS (Defensive Win Shares) amongst NBA players this season. Andre Drummond is 2nd in the league. (Click on the DWS column)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2016_advanced.html

If you're curious on how they calculate win shares:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html

Here's a breakdown from people who actually watch film for a living breaking down his game.
http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/11/24/monster-andre-drummond-unleashed-detroit/

His numbers and net rating will likely improve if the league moves to stop the hack-a-player strategy, yet you want to move probably the first drafted franchise player this team has had since Grant Hill. Also, the whole issue with Howard that teams have is mostly his off the court personality and injuries. This season he has sat out one of the two games for back-to-backs. I'd spend a little more time to think about trading Drummond.

Last edited:
This is a knee jerk reaction and a terrible argument. You don't move superstar players unless you receive one in return or a #1 pick with the potential to draft one. They're going to fix the hack-a-player strategy this off-season. He's 22 and even when he's on a 5 year, 120 Mil contract, he'll still have tremendous trade value despite the emphasis on small ball. The cap will be 100-110 million and Drummond will be locked down for the foreseeable future with no way to include a no-trade clause in his deal because he doesn't have the necessary amount of years experience in the league. This whole argument of yours is largely flawed and based on personal views rather than facts.

Here's a list of starting centers defensive ratings. Drummond is 9th in the league. There is a trend of all those centers being on better teams than Drummond, particularly at the top of the list.
http://stats.nba.com/league/player/...rPosition=C&StarterBench=Starters&CF=GP*GE*30

List of highest DWS (Defensive Win Shares) amongst NBA players this season. Andre Drummond is 2nd in the league. (Click on the DWS column)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2016_advanced.html

If you're curious on how they calculate win shares:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html

Here's a breakdown from people who actually watch film for a living breaking down his game.
http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/11/24/monster-andre-drummond-unleashed-detroit/

His numbers and net rating will likely improve if the league moves to stop the hack-a-player strategy, yet you want to move probably the first drafted franchise player this team has had since Grant Hill. Also, the whole issue with Howard that teams have is mostly his off the court personality and injuries. This season he has sat out one of the two games for back-to-backs. I'd spend a little more time to think about trading Drummond.

Super star player ?? Thats comical considering he sits on the bench at the end of games . What kind of superstar does that ? Nice try

Umm no , teams hate Howard because he is a liability and they think they cant fix it but soon find out they cant , nice try though .

And your little link about people breaking down his film was written in November , at the start of the season when he was actually tearing it up . So again , nice try .

If you are ok with giving someone who sits at crunch time 24/year then thats your opinion . I on the other hand would rather go in a different direction .

Back