Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting '18

Harbaugh is getting beat by Meyer in recurting right now. We better freaking start winning .

Last edited:
Hell of a signing day! Our best recruit leaves for Georgia and our only remaining OL targets sign with OSU and ND. Wooooooohoooo!

Its unbelievable that you can't get kids to come play offensive line for a team so thin. It's pathetic that you have these kids that could start tomorrow as freshman and still not want to come. Better win Jimmy or I can pretty much guarantee you will be made to fire your good buddies on the offensive side of the ball next year.

Its unbelievable that you can't get kids to come play offensive line for a team so thin. It's pathetic that you have these kids that could start tomorrow as freshman and still not want to come. Better win Jimmy or I can pretty much guarantee you will be made to fire your good buddies on the offensive side of the ball next year.

The bottom line is when they don't win championships, this stuff happens.
You think these kids would be signing elsewhere if Michigan was a national power? This is really a make or break year for the team.

Hell of a signing day! Our best recruit leaves for Georgia and our only remaining OL targets sign with OSU and ND. Wooooooohoooo!

How do you lose a kid that committed to you almost 2 years ago? We were the only school to show him the love in the beginning. He got his buddy to commit early, also(Solomon). Then he bails in the 11th hour. I chalk this one up to losing(3 in a row to end the year) and not enough confidence in our coaching staff.

Well, we've signed the "#1 overall player" and had all these "blue chips" over the past couple classes and still lost 3 in a row to end last year and can't beat osu.

perhaps all this recruitwatch insanity isn't worth it.

Well, we've signed the "#1 overall player" and had all these "blue chips" over the past couple classes and still lost 3 in a row to end last year and can't beat osu.

perhaps all this recruitwatch insanity isn't worth it.

It really isn't, but it is a bit of a reflection of how the program is doing.

I care way more about having a coaching staff that can build an o-line and put together a great defense.

We have one of those things.

I agree, today sucked from that perspective but Reese staying at UGA doesn't surprise me and he won't be the last recruit from the "SEC" that stays home.

It really isn't, but it is a bit of a reflection of how the program is doing.

I care way more about having a coaching staff that can build an o-line and put together a great defense.

We have one of those things.

The only thing is is that we have to actually recruit offensive lineman and sign more than 2.

Seriously,though, can you believe we only signed 2 fucking offensive lineman? That is just straight up bad recruiting. No excuses.

To add we signed 5 true o lineman last year. One has already left the program. Now down to 4 from last year with possibly Paea and Irving-Bey switching to offense. Jeeeeeeeeeze

I think most logical people get a little up in arms because you have no idea who will actually pan out. If you only get a couple people each signing period, that leaves very little room for error.

To add we signed 5 true o lineman last year. One has already left the program. Now down to 4 from last year with possibly Paea and Irving-Bey switching to offense. Jeeeeeeeeeze

I think most logical people get a little up in arms because you have no idea who will actually pan out. If you only get a couple people each signing period, that leaves very little room for error.
This is exactly how Hoke put us in such a bad position with the o-line. Signed one large class of OL and then minimal players each year after

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, as bad as things seem, Michigan ended up with the 21st ranked class per 24-7.

Missed out on some OL targets, though

It's pathetic how we cannot get top linemen to come to Michigan. Jim better start dialing it up a notch because this shit is getting old.

Wow I thought Calvin Anderson was a lock for Michigan. Him to Texas was a HUGE surprise

Wow I thought Calvin Anderson was a lock for Michigan. Him to Texas was a HUGE surprise

Actually, no. No one thought he was a lock to Michigan. Not any insider, or anyone with knowledge of the situation.

It was well-accepted he wasn't leaving Texas. I'm not too sure where you are getting that.

Last edited:
Who knows someone in Michigans scouting dept? One of my Account Managers sons is going to be a 5* recruit out here in CA. Elias Ricks...kid is 6'2'' 180 lbs and runs a 4.5 40 as a freshman in high school. Hes already playing varsity for Mater Dei high school in Santa Ana, Ca....one of the more prolific high schools in the nation. Boise state and nebraska have already sent him offer letters. First time Boise has ever offered a freshman. Need Harbaugh to stop fucking around in italy and get this kid in!

Update: Received an offer from UCLA, Utah and Oregon this week. Someone get Harbaugh on the phone...he likes Michigan!

Elias got his Michigan letter in the mail this week as a sophmore... unfortunately it's after full ride scholarship offers from notre dame, usc, bama, lsu, Washington, Oregon and Florida State. I'll have to buy him some Michigan receiver gloves for xmas.

Back