Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mateen Cleaves, All Charges Dismissed

johnny2x2x

No surprise. Kim Worthy, the prosecutor, needs to lose her job.

So basically Mateen and this girl had a relationship for some time, text messages prove this. They met for drinks and went to a hotel. They had an argument and she left the room, the argument continued and the cops were called. Cops interview girl and she says no assault happened. Kim Worthy gets her hands on the case and tries to smear a prominent athlete. Telling was that the prosecutor didn't call the police to the stand in making their case, judge reprimanded her for it. Girl also says to the police specifically that she, "didn't say to Mateen that she didn't want to hook up." Cops testified to all of this for the defense and also that they didn't see any signs of sexual abuse.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-star-mateen-cleaves-faces-sex-assault-charge

I'm sure everyone knows about this, the charges have been rumored since October and now they finally announce them and Kym Worthy is the prosecutor, she's no joke.

Sounds like she is at least somewhat of a joke or probably more accurately, a slime ball, at least according how she handled this particular case...

No surprise. Kim Worthy, the prosecutor, needs to lose her job.

So basically Mateen and this girl had a relationship for some time, text messages prove this. They met for drinks and went to a hotel. They had an argument and she left the room, the argument continued and the cops were called. Cops interview girl and she says no assault happened. Kim Worthy gets her hands on the case and tries to smear a prominent athlete. Telling was that the prosecutor didn't call the police to the stand in making their case, judge reprimanded her for it. Girl also says to the police specifically that she, "didn't say to Mateen that she didn't want to hook up." Cops testified to all of this for the defense and also that they didn't see any signs of sexual abuse.

sounds like a real rail-roading. I recall saying at the time to wait for the details when others were crapping all over Cleaves and calling him a rapist. Although the cops probably said they saw no signs of abuse in general, not sexual abuse. I doubt cops would see signs of sexual abuse, unless the victim was naked and dead or unconscious. I read an article a couple of days ago before the charges were dropped that indicated the alleged victim told the cops at the scene that she had not been assaulted.

If I recall correctly, didn't the cop resign or lose his job or something like that because he didn't think Cleaves should have been charged based on the evidence and he put up a stink about it? Also, recall that Izzo couldn't invite Cleaves, who he has been really close to since Cleaves was in high school, to his induction to the basketball hall of fame or mention him in his acceptance speech because of this situation he was wrongly put through...

Last edited:
Back