Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blade Runner 2049

I'll give it a chance. I never really liked the original, though. The first time I saw the movie was a few years ago, so it was obviously dated, so maybe that was my problem?

First one was okay but I almost rather see a reboot with another actor than a 74 year old Harrison Ford.

First one was okay but I almost rather see a reboot with another actor than a 74 year old Harrison Ford.

That's like saying you'd rather see a reboot of Rocky with another actor rather than Creed with a 70 year Sylvester Stallone.

This is a sequel with another actor as the Blade Runner.

I thought Blade Runner was rather good, even if it got the future completely wrong. Still looking for those flying cars and the perpetual rain and darkness.

I'll give it a chance. I never really liked the original, though. The first time I saw the movie was a few years ago, so it was obviously dated, so maybe that was my problem?

Yeah, that was mainly the problem. The first-run experience was more novel and interesting, but that was way back in 1982.

That's like saying you'd rather see a reboot of Rocky with another actor rather than Creed with a 70 year Sylvester Stallone.

This is a sequel with another actor as the Blade Runner.

Actually I rather they stopped making Rocky/Creed some time ago. He's not a bad-ass anymore. Like the last Rambo, and his Expendables. He looks 70. Ford looks 74.

And the trailer made it sound like Ford was the Blade Runner. I'm glad he's not.

Actually I rather they stopped making Rocky/Creed some time ago. He's not a bad-ass anymore. Like the last Rambo, and his Expendables. He looks 70. Ford looks 74.

And the trailer made it sound like Ford was the Blade Runner. I'm glad he's not.

Did you see Creed? Rocky's character is the trainer for the son of Rocky's former nemesis then later friend Apollo Creed. Rocky isn't a bad ass anymore; he's the old wise man now.

I thought it was a pretty good movie.

I don't know if you ever saw Blade Runner; Harrison Ford's character had been the Blade Runner 35 years earlier. In the trailer of the new one he says to Ryan Gosling's character "I used to have your job...I was good at it."

And Gosling answers "things were simpler back then."

I don't know how much of the movie has been shot; it isn't scheduled to be released until mid-autumn 2017.

Last edited:
First one was great. I really think Ford will have a small part in reboot.
At least I hope so.

Did you see Creed? Rocky's character is the trainer for the son of Rocky's former nemesis then later friend Apollo Creed. Rocky isn't a bad ass anymore; he's the old wise man now.

I thought it was a pretty good movie.

I don't know if you ever saw Blade Runner; Harrison Ford's character had been the Blade Runner 35 years earlier. In the trailer of the new one he says to Ryan Gosling's character "I used to have your job...I was good at it."

And Gosling answers "things were simpler back then."

I don't know how much of the movie has been shot; it isn't scheduled to be released until mid-autumn 2017.

Yes I saw Creed, didn't like it. Stallone was not good in it.. I must have misheard the "I used to have your job."

I liked the first, watched its debut in a theater with my ex-gf....a rainy film noir ala The Crow.

The genetic engineer Sebastian, who took in the homeless pleasure replicant Pris, and who was later killed by her and bf replicant Roy Batty, looked a lot like last year's Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, IMO.

Last edited:
I liked the first, watched its debut in a theater with my ex-gf....a rainy film noir ala The Crow.

The genetic engineer Sebastian, who took in the homeless pleasure replicant Pris, and who was later killed by her and bf replicant Roy Batty, looked a lot like last year's Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, IMO.

The actor is William Sanderson. I think they cast them specifically for his resemblance to Gary Johnson.

He has quite a few acting credits; probably best known as Larry, with his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl in the second incarnation of the Bob Newhart show.

Went and saw this with teh wife last night.

we both liked it.

Ryan Gosling is kind of a lousy actor, but since he plays a replicant, I guess it's forgivable here. it didn't really take away from the movie overall. everyone else was great.

the scenery and soundtrack were amazing.

never seen anything quite like it.

Went and saw this with teh wife last night.

we both liked it.

Ryan Gosling is kind of a lousy actor, but since he plays a replicant, I guess it's forgivable here. it didn't really take away from the movie overall. everyone else was great.

the scenery and soundtrack were amazing.

never seen anything quite like it.

Thanks for the spoiler.

I thought this movie already left theatres....

Plus its not like he gave away anything critical to the story which happens about 2 hours after its revealed he is one.

Was not a big fan of the movie it was pretty meh.

Back