Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 Celebrity Deaths

TheVictors

http://www.syracuse.com/celebrity-n...elebrity_deaths_in_2016_famous_people.html#17

Normally I don't pay much, if any, attention to who passes away when during the year and when they run these end of year Memorials on TV ...but man, 2016 was a doozie.

Gordie Howe
Arnold Palmer
John Glenn
Prince
Gene Wilder
David Bowie
Anton Scalia
Harper Lee
Phife Dog
Abe Vigoda
Muhammad Ali
Morley Safer
...Schneider!!

and so forth. Perhaps it's me getting older or that some of those who passed this year seem to mark the passing of an era and many who died seem to play a part in more my childhood memories than anything else.

And in other, more personal ways, 2016 can suck the big dong and give way to 2017!!!

Happy New Years!

was there really that many? a couple of beloved ones... but more than 2015?

list of 2015.

yeah, I think youre right. definitely lost more beloved celebrities in 2016. your list also didn't include Alan Thicke, TV dad extraordinaire.

Ya know what I just thought of that's really wild?

Let's say you're a celebrity.

And let's say you die.

Right at either the beginning or the end of the year - depending on where in the world you happen to be at the time you die.

And you're the only celebrity to die within that 24 hour period.

You could either be the first celebrity to die in the new year, or the last celebrity to die in the previous.

Let's say for example, you're a British celebrity.

And you die in Los Angeles (because you live there because a celebrity and that's where the celebrities live) at 11 PM PST on December 31st.

It's already New Years Day in England - it has been for about seven hours - yet technically, you still would have died the previous year...it's like, you went back in time and you died...

Now, conversely...let's say you're an American celebrity...but you happen to be in London for the new year...because that's what a lot of celebrities do...

So you die at 1 AM London time (I think that's GMT).

It's still last year when everybody where you're from hears that you died...but you actually died in the New Year...because you were in London...

It's like you went into the future to die.

Kind of like time travel.

That's pretty fucking mind blowing shit when you think about it, no?

Thinking it over I guess it would be trippiyer if you were still in last year and a celebrity died in a place in the world where it was already the new year. Because we always say "someone so died last year," but for a few hours people where it was still last year would be saying "so-and-so just died next year."

That's kind of freaky.

Harambe.jpg

The most important person we lost in 2016

Last edited:
Know what would be rilly, rilly trippy?

Let's say a celebrity dies in London on the first day of the new year there; meanwhile, it's still New Years' Rockin' Eve at Times Square...so an amount of time goes by...and the news of the celebrity's death breaks on the main stream media, just in time for Kathy Griffin to say on CNN, just a few minutes before midnight "we have breaking news - such and such celebrity has just died in London, tomorrow..."

And Anderson Cooper giggles like the silly little bitch he acts like with her, thinking she has done one of the zany things she always does with him on New Years' Eve with him...

That would actually be funny.

I don't think they know exactly when he died. his publicist just said, "in the last couple days" and that was yesterday. I think.

Saw Rogue One today with my nephews, and was unaware that she had died. Slight spoiler here: A CGI young Princess Leia gets about 3 seconds of the film at the end and delivers the single, final spoken word. When that happened the surprisingly crowded theater (noon showtime) were cheering. Didn't know she had died until after when we went to get lunch, and it was on a television there.

RIP

WHOA... Now Debbie Reynolds - Carrie Fisher's mom - has died. she was 84.

My grandparents met her in Vegas a long time ago, and had a picture of them with her on their TV. that was probably over 20 years ago. she was their age, but looked super fake in the picture... tons of make up and surgery.

I had no idea she was still alive

Ironically, Star Wars nerds had started showing up to Hollywood Boulevard yesterday, in an effort to pile loads and loads of Star Wars memorabilia shit onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame star of Carrie Fischer...

Much to their chagrin...Carrie Fischer never got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, as surprising as that may seem.

So there was no place to pile the Star Wars shit for her.

Auspiciously, Carrie's mother, Debbie Reynolds, dies the very next day (like in "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart; but the very next day, you gave it away"), who happens to have not one, but two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

So now those nerds can come back to Hollywood Boulevard, and pile all that Star Wars shit right onto Debbie Reynolds two stars.

It's just like Carrie is moving back in with her mother.

And bringing home all her shit.

EDIT: Oh, and one last thing...she's moving back in...FOREVER!!!!!

Last edited:
You should take all the Star Wars shit to a homeless shelter and donate it. or better yet, a landfill, but say you brought it to a homeless shelter.

then if any nerds or Hollywood reporters complain, angrily scream that you knew Debbie and Carrie and its what they wanted.

You should take all the Star Wars shit to a homeless shelter and donate it. or better yet, a landfill, but say you brought it to a homeless shelter.

then if any nerds or Hollywood reporters complain, angrily scream that you knew Debbie and Carrie and its what they wanted.

I was going say Star Trek instead of Star Wars just to mock the notion that anyone (i.e., you) actually thinks there's a difference, but out of respect for Carrie Fisher I thought to myself, "nah...too soon."

whoa, hey, now that's too far. Don't lump Star Trek in with Star Wars.

Star Trek is legit... Star Wars is a glorified kids' show.

Back