Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Expansion Draft Protected/Available List

Aye an opportunity missed, although I think Vegas would want more than just a 3rd.

I mean Penguins even gave a 2nd just to ensure Vegas take Fleury who was almost a sure things in the first place.

Is losing Nosek ok or could we have protected him ?

Last edited:
I don't think there was anything significant unprotected by Detroit. The exception was Mrazek but the club has decided to go with Howard.

While Nosek scored just 1 goal in his handful of games in Detroit last season he was often the only one winning 50-50s in the offensive zone. Most the roster already had given up by than. I do recall there was a game where he got 6 shots on goal. It would have been nice to see what he can do during a full season in the NHL, Holland would find a way for him to end up in the minors.

There is likely only 1 forward spot available for a youngster to take on the Red Wings and even if it was Nosek he is easily replaced by Frk or Bertuzzi (maybe Svechnikov later in year). Unless Nosek develops into something spectacular at the NHL level the loss dosen't mean anything to the organization.

While pre-season counts for nothing, especially, when at this point it is mostly prospects v prospects.

Nosek has a goal and two assists in his Vegas debut. In additional, was named 2nd star of the game.

Back