Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions > NFL General Board

Old 07-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #1

Zeke Elliot

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ent-dallas-bar

Man, it's getting harder for the league to deal with this kid.

First, let's be clear, we don't even know if Zeke was involved in this fight. The guy that was beaten could not identify his attacker, so that's a red flag right there. Unless security cameras show anything different, you can't say this guy did anything wrong.

But he now has TWO accusations of domestic violence. His sexual assault case for pulling down the shirt of the woman on St. Patrick's Day has not been closed by police, which would be hard to close if she pursues charges since it was caught on video.

Now there's a bar fight, and while there is no evidence that he was even involved in the fight, police have said he was involved in some way.

Add to that him visiting a marijuana dispensary in Seattle, again on camera, and the off the field issues are mounting quickly.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfreq View Post
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ent-dallas-bar

Man, it's getting harder for the league to deal with this kid.

First, let's be clear, we don't even know if Zeke was involved in this fight. The guy that was beaten could not identify his attacker, so that's a red flag right there. Unless security cameras show anything different, you can't say this guy did anything wrong.

But he now has TWO accusations of domestic violence. His sexual assault case for pulling down the shirt of the woman on St. Patrick's Day has not been closed by police, which would be hard to close if she pursues charges since it was caught on video.

Now there's a bar fight, and while there is no evidence that he was even involved in the fight, police have said he was involved in some way.

Add to that him visiting a marijuana dispensary in Seattle, again on camera, and the off the field issues are mounting quickly.
Hes a complete fucktard. Suspend his ass. The NFL doesnt need all these cases to be closed and charges filed....they are their own enforcing agency. The videos of those incidents should be enough to suspend him multiple games. Then you tack on more once the convictions start racking up.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes0021 View Post
Hes a complete fucktard. Suspend his ass. The NFL doesnt need all these cases to be closed and charges filed....they are their own enforcing agency. The videos of those incidents should be enough to suspend him multiple games. Then you tack on more once the convictions start racking up.
I am in agreement there. It's a video of him taking off a woman's shirt with her obviously fighting him. I don't know how that's not a sexual assault.

There's been talk of him getting a 1-2 game ban. In my opinion, it's as bad as the Ray Rice video, which took him from 2 games to indefinite.

The NFL has some pretty wishy-washy standards. Zeke is a shit hot prospect, so 1..maybe 2 games. If it was a 3rd string backup, it would be 10 minimum.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #4

Quote:
I am in agreement there. It's a video of him taking off a woman's shirt with her obviously fighting him. I don't know how that's not a sexual assault.

There's been talk of him getting a 1-2 game ban. In my opinion, it's as bad as the Ray Rice video, which took him from 2 games to indefinite.

The NFL has some pretty wishy-washy standards. Zeke is a shit hot prospect, so 1..maybe 2 games. If it was a 3rd string backup, it would be 10 minimum.
I just watched the video. It was at a st patty's day parade. The chick was making some kind of hand gestures towards her tits. Elliot pulled her top to show her tit. Looked just like Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson. If she didn't care it certainly isn't sexual assault. It's definitely not anywhere near as bad as what Ray Rice did....he beat the shit out of his GF and dragged her around while she was knocked out.

Now, if the girl wants to get some money out of him...which is probably what is happening...more power to her.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #5

He just got yanked for speeding too lol. I know it's minor but this shit is piling up...
Old 07-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #6

This kid is on the Manziel Plan for Success.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #7

Quote:
This kid is on the Manziel Plan for Success.
The difference between the two...Manziel was already rich and has no talent. Elliot has talent so he will get plenty of opportunities.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
I just watched the video. It was at a st patty's day parade. The chick was making some kind of hand gestures towards her tits. Elliot pulled her top to show her tit. Looked just like Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson. If she didn't care it certainly isn't sexual assault. It's definitely not anywhere near as bad as what Ray Rice did....he beat the shit out of his GF and dragged her around while she was knocked out.

Now, if the girl wants to get some money out of him...which is probably what is happening...more power to her.
I just watched the video too, the reason I think nothing ever comes of this is because right after she swatted his hand away she pulled down her own shirt. Just because she was going to do it doesn't give Elliot the right to pull her shirt down…but it looked to me like it was more "I'm gonna do it myself"! Apparently she partied with him all night after that, so she couldn't of been too pissed. Going to be hard to convince a judge he did anything wrong when she showed everybody in the crowd her tits anyway and then partied with Elliot for hours after the incident.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #9

Suspended six games. Will most like appeal

Packers will be really lucky if he misses the Week 5 game against them.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #10

It will get cut in half.