Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 156 Tigers vs twinks Sunday Sept 24 2017 12:10 pm EST

turok

Mod pls change topic title to game 156...tia.

Gametime was moved back an hour b/c of Lions' 1:00 pm homegame start vs Falcons to reduce traffic backups and congestion. Can't imagine the Tigers' game exceeding 1/2 full. But this is the last homegame of the season, soooo....

Tigers:

1) Kinsler, Ian DH

2) Presley, Alex RF

3) Castellanos, Nicholas 3B

4) Navarro, Efren 1B

5) McCann, James C

6) Machado, Dixon 2B

7) Romine, Andrew LF

8) Jones, JaCoby CF

9) Iglesias, Jose SS

SP Farmer, Buck (Sac Lamb)

4-4, 7.11 ERA 41 Ks (1-3, 8.59 ERA Sept)

(Sunday switcheroo+injuries to Cabrera, Mahtook, and Candelario)

twinks:

1) nosier, pryin 2b

2) mooer, cow duh

3) plinko, whorehey sos

4) rodeo, roady rf

5) divebar, gogo 3b

6) suxton, iron cf

7) castor, oilin c

8) fartgas, hineys 1b

9) nabbit, dag lf

sp cheerios, oatsy

12-8, 3.94 ERA 132 Ks

Browsed to the SBNATION BYB Fansite, and there is nothing posted whatsoever yet about today's game, ~an hour before start-time.

Last edited:
1-0 Buck gives up a solo homer to whorehey.

Thank goodness we didn't trade him.

Said that he signed with Tigers out of HS, b/c he knew that he had a good chance to be a starting OFer right away.

After Al retired @ the end of the '74 season, the '75 Tigers tanked and lost 100+ games.

Last edited:
twinks push across another run in the top 2nd, 2-0.

What did Al have to say about the payroll slash and all the trades, espcially Verlander??

Wasn't asked, just said that the Tigers weren't good when he started playing, and that the fans will see winning teams again eventually.

He has seen the Tigers make some very unpopular and ill-advised trades over the past 60 years, but he is loyal to a fault and won't badmouth ownership/brass.

Last edited:
Wasn't asked, just said that the Tigers weren't good when he started playing, and that the fans will see winning teams again eventually.

He has seen the Tigers make some very unpopular and ill-advised trades over the past 60 years, but he is loyal to a fault and won't badmouth ownership/brass.

The Tigers were thinking of trading Al back after 1965 to the twins for Jim Kaat and others. In the end said no.

Being one hit so far in bottom 4th...twinks leading 3-0.

Last edited:
10-2?!?

sheesh....is this a sandlot team or what?

Honestly this is the saddest I've ever seen a Tigers team. And I'm including 2003. I don't recall being absolutely jail sexed in every single game quite like this ever.

Ridiculous Game in game out our pitching is under achieving. there era's are higher than there career average. And the offence has been too many two run scored games. This an unbelievable string of games. In the last 11 games Tigers have given 7 or more (12) runs in Eight of them!!!!!

twinks 39 runs scored in 33 innings so far this series.

Honestly this is the saddest I've ever seen a Tigers team. And I'm including 2003. I don't recall being absolutely jail sexed in every single game quite like this ever.

It's like Minnie hitting the ball when ever they want. And the Tigers are helpless.

Tigers put the twins into the post season so they can lose to the spanks

Another day another blowout I've never seen a team this horrible

Last edited:

This September has been one of the worst months of baseball played by a Tigers team that I can recall.

Last edited:
There is some thing real wrong with the Tigers!

Verlander 4-0, 28 innings and 2 earn runs for a 0.64 era with Houston!

Back